file less is more... ?

15 Sep 2012 17:47 #36880 by jAvel
Replied by jAvel on topic Re: less is more... ?

Well... i agree that Bang nakh, brass knuckles and black gloves should be usable under immortal grapple.

I'd like to see Forearm block in this list too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wesile

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2012 18:00 #36881 by porphyrion
Replied by porphyrion on topic Re: less is more... ?

I really think making solid Advanced version of those vamps is a better idea than making massive errata.

massive errata were *never* part of this thread's intention. i tried to minimize the number of additional necessary rules/rulings/even words from the very start as you can read in my posts and the thread's title. i'm all for any well-designed addition to the game (and well in favor of decent ADV:adv: versions!!). but maybe these :adv: versions will never be printed. Whoever made Tenth Anniversary Edition obviously missed a *huge* opportunity to fill this gap regarding GR1 and preferred a lot of unnecessary GR1/2 reprints over innovation/advancement. It's beyond my comprehension that about 75%+ of the GR1 large-caps that started this great game still are (and have been for the larger part of 17+years) utterly redundant -unworthy even of my attention as a deckbuilder.

[edited quote]Upon entering the game from the uncontrolled region any 'non-Prince GR1' with capacity :cap9: or :cap10: can be given a discipline card for which they already possess the inferior discipline. (like Seterpenre's special, meaning no capacity-gain for that specific discipline master- ; and the discipline master should come from either the library/hand/ash heap).

Excuse my english- i'm not a native speaker- but would this single additional rule really provoke an avalanche of errata/rulings etc? Or would it first and foremost enlarge the number of available options while actually building and playing decks? I kind of like the mechanic too, but maybe that's just personal. The GR1-limitation of disciplines is countered somewhat without giving them :tem: or :obe: .

On a side-note, even well-balanced grouping-related Master and/or Event-cards would seem like an interesting piste (i really hope vtes is continued and actual new cards are printed, but until this is good and done, having a plan B or C could be a good idea).

my $0.02..

More
15 Sep 2012 19:09 #36884 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: less is more... ?

I really think making solid Advanced version of those vamps is a better idea than making massive errata.

massive errata were *never* part of this thread's intention.

Well, that was not really what I mean´t. Sure a discipline level here and there or a +1 bleed or so is no great intervention on a certain vamp, but there´s a lot of vamps in G1 who need that errata, and it would get rather massive seen as a whole.

And yes, the 10th anniv-tins would have been a great opportunity for adding those Adv-vamps.

BUT it´s not too late, in my opinion. It´s a great opportunity for the Design Team to get creative! Maybe even base it on a player contribution contest-thingy?!

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
16 Sep 2012 06:16 #36924 by Azel
Replied by Azel on topic Re: less is more... ?
Off topic, but related to the ongoing tangent, I think G1-2 Laibon would help a bit with G1. Granted we can't put any Laibon Assamite, Lasombra, Ravnos, Tzimisce, etc. because of G2, but the Laibon core 4 would slip in like a glove, what with Camarilla big 10 discipline overlap and all.

More
16 Sep 2012 14:25 #36958 by jtroyve
Replied by jtroyve on topic Re: less is more... ?
just throwing out an old suggestion...

how about removing the antitribu aspect of the game?

for example. there is only 1 tremere clan, with camarilla, sabbat, laibon, or indie factions.

with that, tremere anti cards can only be used by sabbat tremere, and the old tremere cards can only be used by cam tremere.

More
16 Sep 2012 14:36 #36960 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: less is more... ?

with that, tremere anti cards can only be used by sabbat tremere, and the old tremere cards can only be used by cam tremere.

What it have to do with making playable card with minimal errata ? :p

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds