file less is more... ?

19 Sep 2012 05:54 #37235 by jtroyve
Replied by jtroyve on topic Re: less is more... ?

E.g., maybe you should re-read what a creative commons license really means. :whistle:

Well, what part of "You are free: to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work. Under the following conditions:
Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
Noncommercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
No Derivative Works — You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work."

... is it that you don´t think I understand?

from what i understand with the license, you can do anything with it, as long as you ask the creators for permission.

i actually haven't seen anyone, publicly, ask PCK's permission. i guess its because the cards aren't really ground breaking. however, a lot of people already assumed PCK would turn them down.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2012 05:56 #37236 by Whisker
Replied by Whisker on topic Re: less is more... ?
Eyes of the Dead

Only usable when action to diablerize vampire or action to burn incapaciated Inbued is succesfull. Put this card on this reacting vampire.

[nec] This vampire gets +1 intercept against the acting minion.
[NEC] As above, but with +2 intercept.

More
19 Sep 2012 06:01 #37237 by Whisker
Replied by Whisker on topic Re: less is more... ?

Removing the word "reacting" from the text does not change that it is a reaction card, and therefore can only be used by a reacting vampire.

Dread Gaze is fine the way it is. If you want it to see more play then perhaps allowing it to be used by a tapped vampire would make it more playable.

If you want it to be usable as a modifier OR a reaction, then make a new card.

Uhh, did you notice that I added the :modifier: symbol make it a combo card?

More
19 Sep 2012 06:04 #37239 by Juggernaut1981

from what i understand with the license, you can do anything with it, as long as you ask the creators for permission.

i actually haven't seen anyone, publicly, ask PCK's permission. i guess its because the cards aren't really ground breaking. however, a lot of people already assumed PCK would turn them down.

Yes but PCK, by putting Creative Commons Licensing on their cards may have breached Hasbro copyright and CCP Copyright. Ignoring the idea that they may have infringed any copyright held by VEKN for creating things such as derivative works or illegal appropriations. So I don't know if this Creative Commons Copyright claimed by PCK is worth the pixels it's been recorded with. I wouldn't be comfortable with the legal status without some serious legal backing.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
20 Sep 2012 14:55 #37409 by TorranceCircle
How about making Jack of Both Sides cost 0 blood?

After discussing it in another thread, I think this might make it more playable.

Jack of Both Sides
Action
Cost: 1 blood
+2 stealth action. Requires a ready vampire.
This vampire equips or employs an equipment or retainer from your hand. The cost of that card is reduced by 1 pool or by up to 2 blood.

Artist(s): Brian LeBlanc

Set(s): Gehenna:C, Third:PTz, LotN:PG2

More
20 Sep 2012 15:20 #37412 by Boris The Blade

Eyes of the Dead

Only usable when action to diablerize vampire or action to burn incapaciated Inbued is succesfull. Put this card on this reacting vampire.

[nec] This vampire gets +1 intercept against the acting minion.
[NEC] As above, but with +2 intercept.

Still crap :P Maybe some cards are just beyond rescue.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds