exclamation-circle Champions of Cagn Unbound!

29 Oct 2013 23:16 #55914 by AaronC

I build some sort of vote deck, with no Laibon in the crypt except Meno Ngari.
Meno comes out and calls KRC, playing Akunanse Kholo, and putting 3 pool damage on my predator. I continue to beat on my predator with votes.
Later, Meno calls the seat-switcher to switch places with my predator. Voila, sniped VP!

Actually, how is this VP sniping? As described, you did all or most of the work to reduce that player's pool. Now you are reaping the reward of your own effort, not that of another player.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2013 23:24 - 29 Oct 2013 23:27 #55915 by HG.fi

I build some sort of vote deck, with no Laibon in the crypt except Meno Ngari.
Meno comes out and calls KRC, playing Akunanse Kholo, and putting 3 pool damage on my predator. I continue to beat on my predator with votes.
Later, Meno calls the seat-switcher to switch places with my predator. Voila, sniped VP!

Actually, how is this VP sniping? As described, you did all or most of the work to reduce that player's pool. Now you are reaping the reward of your own effort, not that of another player.

Last edit: 29 Oct 2013 23:27 by HG.fi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhattara

More
30 Oct 2013 00:04 - 30 Oct 2013 00:05 #55916 by AaronC
Your "reply" is admittedly humorous, but it doesn't answer the question.

In a sense, VP sniping already happens in normal VTES. I would define VP sniping as gaining a VP from the effort of someone else who expects to get the VP. If your prey does all the work to get your grand prey to low pool, and then you oust your prey and grandprey in succession, that could be considered VP sniping.

In the example given by a previous poster, in which you damage your predator with votes then switch places with him, you are gaining a VP you expect to get through your own effort. If your grandpredator took no actions to oust his prey, how did you snipe anything from him?

If a player is beaten to the ground by anyone but his predator, thus giving the predator an easy VP, that is also akin to VP sniping, since the predator-player does not get the VP through his own effort.
Last edit: 30 Oct 2013 00:05 by AaronC.

More
30 Oct 2013 00:09 #55917 by HG.fi

If your grandpredator took no actions to oust his prey, how did you snipe anything from him?

. . .

If your grandpredator took no actions to oust his prey, how did you snipe anything from him?

. . .

More
30 Oct 2013 03:57 #55920 by KevinM

A seat switcher? Really?

Why not? Just because LSJ was of the opinion that it could not be properly implemented?

Yeah, Carl. That's why. /eyeroll

Dorrinal, there's also a card that's better than the entire Una deck.

The few cards that are playable -- and there *are* a few that are quite decent -- don't begin to make up for the dozens that are mediocre, derivative, copies of Camera Phone, and the ones that are just plain untested.

There's a card which is possibly the worst card ever made in any fan expansion. The setup for this card defines the player as creating a deck which is gunning for 0.5vp, and the card even has a fail clause!

It makes me sad that it's come to this for them. With all they've invested in their personal identity, their website, their emails, their distribution network, their burning of bridges, their outright hatred and envy, to have failed this badly, it's a shame.

It's like PCK never played VTES in real life.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
30 Oct 2013 06:08 #55924 by Juggernaut1981
Most of them strike me as borderline useless.

Skin of the King: XYZ are all worthless.
Blessing of Cagn seems to be "I want a 60-card deck, but I need 12 Oruns in it to make it oust..."
Pulse of Undeath... why would I use this over Eyes of Argus or Enhanced Senses???

The Seat Switcher... Add it to the other seat switchers.
Power of Knowledge is (ink taking up space) and then a useful reaction.
Rift Valley Hideout seems generally useless...
Pledge Sword has introduced another counter for....??? Oh, there's no useful mechanic
Ere Ibeji = 2 quantum entangled camera phones
Oba = 1 pool to get Madrigal without the 'hitback'...
Kilimanjaro = +1 stealth once, at least one turn after I've played an Orun (unless I pack the deck and get the Kilimanjaro before the Oruns... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)
The Ties that Bore
Spare me the Text... I meant Sparing the Weak
Raiment of Ishtar = I take 7 other actions so I get 7x +1 bleed... or I could bleed 7 times...
Pitfall = Might be not crap if it was a trifle.
Secrets of the Blending Mozambique Allure and Wanting Oruns Now...
Spirit of the Land = Not bad... it stood out as not bad.
Aspect of Abombwe Telepathic Tracking = not going to be played
Abombwe Betrayed = I go mad and you stand there motionless??
Taking the Skin of Vitae
Free the Beast Within = I go crazy people can't block me well and I block all of you well!
Spirit Travel = Play lots of Oruns, then get 2 stealth... FOR AUSPEX???
Flower of Death = Free blur for close combat. Meh, isn't the cost what Taste of Vitae for?
Flick = Jar the Soul for Potence?
Absent Sway = Screw you Princes
Feral Imbuing = We go berserk and kill all our raven spies and you lose pool. ?!?!?!?!?!
Aura of Accursed Rage: Enrage + Taunt the Caged Beast... 2 unused cards merged = worse
Unassailable Parry = Wind Dance + Sideslip
Splendid Vitae = Restoration as a hunt + 1 stealth because I have

Lunge = I can grapple you with my super-long arms that stop you using guns...
Spiritual Journey = Because that one that allows you to MERGE vampires is used often...
Spirit of Cagn = Bleed and fish an Orun
Magnificence of Cagn = Lucian the Perfect & Brutal Influence
Obayifo = Nephandus but we want to nerf them
Dream Sensation = Movement of the Slow Body with a lot more setup

I haven't looked at the rest of the library cards yet. The Preview Advanced Vampires all seem worse merged and generally not playable. With the first download's worth, I have high doubts the rest would be worth my time. Only frustration and shock at their low usability and mediocre play-testing-regime have convinced me to critique these cards.

It's like PCK never played VTES in real life.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds