file Card idea: Metanoia

31 Aug 2011 04:37 #9369 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Metanoia

A major part of this is that Malks already have almost the most blood efficient ousting strategy: Dem-Obf S&B. Enhancing other strategies is good, but I think this would be too efficient at also enhancing Dem-Obf S&B.

More Metanoia means less Kindred Spirit. If it can "enhance" S&B Malkav by diversifying the cards in it and make it less no-brainer, it's perfect.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2011 04:56 #9370 by Pascal Bertrand
I think you should change it slightly:
:dem: : yours.
:aus: :dem: : your :DEM:
:AUS: :dem: : your :AUS: :DEM:

You can't compete with sup' KS.

More
31 Aug 2011 06:42 #9380 by Juggernaut1981
It allows a S&B deck to defend itself better against prey-bloating and prey-rush (removing things like Villein, Tribute to the Master, Immortal Grapple, Aggravated damage, etc).

I honestly think it would be a no brainer to bump out a 60-card KS S&B to include 6 copies of this card to basically cull out the cards my prey might want the turn before I plan to oust them.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
31 Aug 2011 07:44 #9383 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: Card idea: Metanoia

Serenna the White likes this comment.

Seriously, though, I'm with the rest here: it doesn't seem that unbalanced at all. :) It's inferior to Revelations, I'd say. Pretty interesting, and definitely random enough to warrant Dementation.

Only one thing: Do you choose the card type before looking at the cards at random, or after? This affects the balance of the card loads.

Anyways, I really like that AUS would increase the effects of the card instead of DEM.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
31 Aug 2011 10:52 #9392 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Metanoia

Serenna the White likes this comment.

Seriously, though, I'm with the rest here: it doesn't seem that unbalanced at all. :) It's inferior to Revelations, I'd say. Pretty interesting, and definitely random enough to warrant Dementation.

Only one thing: Do you choose the card type before looking at the cards at random, or after? This affects the balance of the card loads.

Name: Metanoia
Cardtype: Action
Discipline: Auspex/Dementation
[dem] Look at 3 cards at random from any other Methuselah's hand and choose one: for each master card, he or she burns 1 pool; or for each action modifier card, you gain 1 pool; or for each combat card, this vampire gains 1 blood. Choice must be made when announcing the action.
[DEM] As [dem] above, and you may discard 1 card of the chosen type.
[AUS][DEM] As [DEM] above, but look at 4 cards at random from his or her hand.

Anyways, I really like that AUS would increase the effects of the card instead of DEM.

I'm not against it.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
31 Aug 2011 20:07 #9428 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Card idea: Metanoia

It allows a S&B deck to defend itself better against prey-bloating and prey-rush (removing things like Villein, Tribute to the Master, Immortal Grapple, Aggravated damage, etc).

I don't WANT a s&b deck to be better able to defend itself! It's already the best archetype in the game, has been since the game was first printed, even when they tried to Magic it up and thought 4CL was a good idea, and still is.

Cards which directly, obviously benefit s&b decks and/or strategies should be considered VERY carefully.

fr.ex. That's why I think The Bitter And Sweet Story should never have been printed as-is.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds