file Compromise on Villein

13 Feb 2011 23:21 #1379 by Wookie813
Replied by Wookie813 on topic Re: Compromise on Villein
Discussing the game is fine. I take that back, it's Awesome. I'm glad it's happening.

I'm offering my opinion on proposed changes to tournament rules. That's what I thought we were discussing. Weekly games? You can use cards you made out of construction paper and drew on with a crayon. Go to town.

On the matter of officially banning or adding errata to cards in the VEKN tournament rules, I'm against it. It's way too soon IMO. Let the ink dry on the new cards, let people innovate around the discrepancies in the card pool, and THEN maybe a few years from now decide to improve the game if enough people believe that is the right thing to do.

People claiming every deck starts with the same 8-10 cards are playing inside a very small box. I suggest you ban the cards you are talking about from YOUR decks, and figure out how to play around them. You might discover a foil, who knows.

I suggest a new strategy...let the Wookie win.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Feb 2011 01:07 #1386 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Compromise on Villein

On the matter of officially banning or adding errata to cards in the VEKN tournament rules, I'm against it. It's way too soon IMO. Let the ink dry on the new cards, let people innovate around the discrepancies in the card pool, and THEN maybe a few years from now decide to improve the game if enough people believe that is the right thing to do.

I think that's a reasonable position.

People claiming every deck starts with the same 8-10 cards are playing inside a very small box. I suggest you ban the cards you are talking about from YOUR decks, and figure out how to play around them. You might discover a foil, who knows.

You should note that I don't find Villein too powerful or use it in every single deck I ever build. I do think that anybody starting to play the game tomorrow will always be unreasonably restricted in his choice of tournament decks until someone sells their Villeins. That seems like a bad thing for the survival, not to even mention the growth, of the player base.

More
14 Feb 2011 01:27 #1388 by Oshi
Replied by Oshi on topic Re: Compromise on Villein
Errata-ing the card wouldn't be so bad for newer players cause they probably wont ever get their hands on em anyway, herp. Also, if its done right they wont particularly need to.

IMO, in an objective sense of the game, villein is hardly imbalanced. I just feel that it restricts\punishes a style of play for those who dont have it. The same thing could be said for cards like parity shift, carlton, pentex, or any other hard to find and powerful card.
The main difference being that if you simply remove it, the abundant minion taps become playable again and the strategy remains viable.

More
14 Feb 2011 01:41 #1393 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: Compromise on Villein
Compromise lets the Terrorists win.

Terrorists
:ally:
:assa:
:life2: :pool:
Mortal with 1 life. 2 strength, 1 bleed.
Terrorists may take a +1 stealth action to go through your library, find a Bomb, and equip them with it. Pay the cost to equip as normal. Reshuffle your library afterwards.
In times of war, the laws are silent.
Artist(s): Tom Wänerstrand

More
14 Feb 2011 02:16 #1394 by Pullen
Replied by Pullen on topic Re: Compromise on Villein

Compromise lets the Terrorists win.

Terrorists
:ally:
:assa:
:life2: :pool:
Mortal with 1 life. 2 strength, 1 bleed.
Terrorists may take a +1 stealth action to go through your library, find a Bomb, and equip them with it. Pay the cost to equip as normal. Reshuffle your library afterwards.
In times of war, the laws are silent.
Artist(s): Tom Wänerstrand

BAN TERRORIST!

:OBT::MYT::PRO::val::obf:

More
14 Feb 2011 18:30 - 14 Feb 2011 18:37 #1454 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Re: Compromise on Villein
I just brosed TWDA in serch for minion tap:

1. December 20, 2010 14 players This guy also plays Malkavian Prank
2. September 5, 2010 13 players. Son of Robert Goudie "Created to be used by my sons as their first deck when learning to play"
3. September 4, 2010 13 players
4. August 20, 2010 12 players
5. July 24, 2010 15 players

That's all for 2010-2011.

Apd: It's unreasonable to assume that you will win with Minion tap in any serious competition.

Part 2:
Is the card which, being a trifle, allows to gain up to 11 pool too good?

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
Last edit: 14 Feb 2011 18:37 by elotar.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds