file Compromise on Villein

15 Feb 2011 05:05 #1483 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Compromise on Villein

What will the game lose by banning villein:
err...Nothing?

Big caps became much more playable after Villein. I see that as a positive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Feb 2011 05:09 #1484 by Suoli

But seriously, you don't need Villein or Minion Tap. Using your master phase for Pool recursion is a choice, not an obligation.

It's a choice between playing big caps and not playing big caps. I, for one, would like the former be a viable option for new players.

More
15 Feb 2011 05:22 - 15 Feb 2011 05:24 #1485 by Gargoylee
Replied by Gargoylee on topic Re: Compromise on Villein

What will the game lose by banning villein:
err...Nothing?

Did you look at the numbers of TWD pre and post November 2008 and figure out whether or not the average capacity of crypt size has increased? If so, I would be interested in reading the numbers that you came up with.

Or do you have some other source of data on crypt capacities pre Villein and post Villein?
Last edit: 15 Feb 2011 05:24 by Gargoylee.

More
15 Feb 2011 05:27 #1486 by Suoli

Did you look at the numbers of TWD pre and post November 2008 and figure out whether or not the average capacity of crypt size has increased? If so, I would be interested in reading the numbers that you came up with.

Or do you have some other source of data on crypt capacities pre Villein and post Villein?

I know that my playgroup is seeing more big caps and I'm building more and better decks with big caps. If you want mathematical certainty I'll let you do the research.

More
15 Feb 2011 05:47 #1487 by Gargoylee
Replied by Gargoylee on topic Re: Compromise on Villein

I know that my playgroup is seeing more big caps and I'm building more and better decks with big caps. If you want mathematical certainty I'll let you do the research.

You are the one who is trying to make an assertion, I'm just asking you for what you are basing your assertion on.

Pre Villein there was this card called Minion Tap, you might have heard of it, yes? It does the same thing that Minion Tap does. Now given that Villein and Minion Tap do the same thing, why do you think that big caps became "much more playable after Villein"?

Did your play group not play with Minion Tap prior to Villein being printed?

More
15 Feb 2011 06:21 #1489 by Suoli

You are the one who is trying to make an assertion, I'm just asking you for what you are basing your assertion on.

Pre Villein there was this card called Minion Tap, you might have heard of it, yes? It does the same thing that Minion Tap does. Now given that Villein and Minion Tap do the same thing, why do you think that big caps became "much more playable after Villein"?

Did your play group not play with Minion Tap prior to Villein being printed?

I think you're getting agitated again.

I don't agree that Minion Tap does exactly the same thing as Villein. The trifleness matters.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds