file Compromise on Villein

06 Apr 2011 02:24 - 06 Apr 2011 02:25 #3162 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Re: Compromise on Villein

it was not worth playing with that wording.

With this text, I play 4 caps or smaller, have a trifle that puts Vessel and Blood Doll to shame, AND I get to hose those players using larger vampires + Minion Tap, what's not to like?

:laugh:

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
Last edit: 06 Apr 2011 02:25 by elotar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2011 04:49 #3163 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: Compromise on Villein
we talked about villein in our group, and we came to the conclusion that gaining pool as a trifle is what makes it so overpowered. you can immediately use the pool to pay for another master card.

there is no other trifle master in the game that directly and immediately gives you pool. Failsafe and Wider View come close but the former takes up that extra MPA and the latter has to wait until the end of your turn.

so juuuust in case someone here has a time machine, or inherits a billion dollars to buy VTES licensing rights, my idea of rebalancing it (and leaving it as a trifle, minion taps costing 1 extra) would be to put it on the vampire, but you don't move the blood to your pool until your influence phase. this prevents immediately using giants blood or lillith's blessing, or using a voter cap (which i think the card was originally meant to discourage but failed to do so). it's all still possible, but it'll have to wait until the next turn, leaving the vampire a little vulnerable.
you could even play it on a near-empty vampire, in hopes that you'll be able to refill him or her during your turn and score big, but there's the risk of failing the action since everyone can see it coming. delay that vote!

fair enough trade for being a super-awesome trifle?

also, maybe only make the minion taps played by your prey cost extra, instead of the whole table? I dislike how indiscriminate the hosing effect is, compared to Vessel's.

More
06 Apr 2011 05:31 #3165 by Juggernaut1981
I think the first change is that it must target a vampire with at least 2 blood.

Secondly, I honestly did not see the need for this card to be created. All of the other "gain significant pool" cards have many conditions, Voter Cap realistically does not. The Obeah-Refill card is an action requiring a Bloodlines Discipline on Scarce Vampires, Edge of the World is a clan card that requires someone to be ousted during the current action, Giant's Blood is once per game...

Voter Cap relies on a common discipline, feeds off the main ousting mechanic of a deck utilising it (Votes) and not only gives large amounts of blood but also directly gives pool. I have always, and will continue, to hold the position that Voter Cap is the card that needs restricting far more than Minion Tap ever needed.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
06 Apr 2011 06:44 - 06 Apr 2011 06:55 #3167 by elotar

I think the first change is that it must target a vampire with at least 2 blood.

Secondly, I honestly did not see the need for this card to be created. All of the other "gain significant pool" cards have many conditions, Voter Cap realistically does not. The Obeah-Refill card is an action requiring a Bloodlines Discipline on Scarce Vampires, Edge of the World is a clan card that requires someone to be ousted during the current action, Giant's Blood is once per game...

Voter Cap relies on a common discipline, feeds off the main ousting mechanic of a deck utilising it (Votes) and not only gives large amounts of blood but also directly gives pool. I have always, and will continue, to hold the position that Voter Cap is the card that needs restricting far more than Minion Tap ever needed.

Villein
Master. Trifle.
Put this card on a vampire you control to move 2 blood from that vampire to your pool.
Voter captivation cards cost an aditional pool

:huh:

Last edit: 06 Apr 2011 06:55 by elotar.

More
06 Apr 2011 08:16 - 06 Apr 2011 08:17 #3168 by Juggernaut1981
Nope, VC shouldn't give basically a full refill + pool. I'd have preferred to see VC re-written as...

Voter Captivation
Action Modifier
Only usable after a successful political action.
:pre: For every vote the referendum of the political action passed by, up to a maximum of 3, this vampire gains 1 blood from the blood bank.
:PRE: As :pre: above, but this vampire may gain a maximum of 5 blood.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 06 Apr 2011 08:17 by Juggernaut1981.

More
06 Apr 2011 09:26 #3170 by elotar

Nope, VC shouldn't give basically a full refill + pool. I'd have preferred to see VC re-written as...

Voter Captivation
Action Modifier
Only usable after a successful political action.
:pre: For every vote the referendum of the political action passed by, up to a maximum of 3, this vampire gains 1 blood from the blood bank.
:PRE: As :pre: above, but this vampire may gain a maximum of 5 blood.

VC is the only card, which puts in use the difference in number of votes by which referendum pases. It must be strong. In your wording it looks like just marginally playable boring card. Also it collaterally punishes big vams.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds