question-circle How do YOU sort your cards?

28 Nov 2011 09:17 #16294 by Sudden Reversal
We all have them, we all need them, but how the hell do you find them when you need to?

Are your cards just shoved in a shoebox or are they lovingly entombed in alphabetical order within an oaken casket?

How much time is taken when deck building is actually fishing out the cards and what can we do to minimise the time taken to merge broken down decks back into the fold?

Do players find inventory tools like in FELD and ARDB useful and worth the time to input. If so, which is the better of the two for robustness and ease of use?

What is the most efficient way to order and organise our cards?

And the burning question for my own collection, what to do with those pesky multi-discipline cards that don't seem to fit anywhere?!

Feel free to attach glorious photographic example of your efficiency or lack thereof.

Aaron
Archbishop
Adelaide

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2011 09:40 #16298 by Amenophobis
I have big binders for my complete collection.

Vampires are sorted by sect/clan, grouping and capacity.

Library cards by type and/or special trait (masters: discipline, locations, archteype, trophy, out-of-turn, etc.) or discipline or clan.

One binder for each type of card (sometimes 2 or 3).

More
28 Nov 2011 10:21 #16299 by Pendargon
My vampires are sorted by clans, i find that enough

My cards are sorted by disciplines, and within that by type (action/reaction/modifier/combat...)

My masters are biggest problems, as they are sorted in groups only understandable to me like this : clan masters / master disciplines/ rarely used masters/ often used masters :)

Multidiscipline cards go with the discipline where they "feel " more at home (for instance, scalpel tongue goes with presence, and mind of the wilds with animalism and so on...)

To take all cards out and sleeve them into a deck - around 15 minutes.

As for deckbuilding tools i do not use them. i prefer pen-and-paper, though i do use FELDB to remind me of some cards i may have missed off the top of my head

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
28 Nov 2011 11:13 #16302 by Xaddam
I have all my cards sorted alphabetically, crypt cards and library cards separately. I used to have a card type and requirement sorting system. Changed my system because of the design of some cards; Multi-discipline cards, Ancestor's Insight, Bowl of Convergence, Codex of the Damned, Spontaneous Power and Kaymakli Fragment, to name a few.

I love this system, no vagueness and it's extremely quick to find as well as sort cards.

Attachment cardcollection.jpg not found

Adam Esbjörnsson,
Prince of Örebro
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sudden Reversal

More
28 Nov 2011 11:55 #16303 by Stefan

I have all my cards sorted alphabetically, crypt cards and library cards separately.

Stupid as it might sound I have never even considered this but I really ought to do it. I build all my decks using ARDB anyhow so I never need to look in my binders for inspiration. Even better I should sort them the exact way they appear from the top to the bottom using ARDB as a deck builder. Card Type and Alphabethically. Now I just need to find the time to rearrange.

More
28 Nov 2011 11:56 #16306 by vragozakas
Unce upon a time I used to trade a lot, via mahasamtman, succubus club and tournaments, so I organized my whole collection to make the trade easier. I've 2 large boxes for the commons. Common cards are organized alphabetically, then by edition. The same goes for uncommon. Vampires are treated differently, organized by clan and then by name, then by edition. Rares are divided in 2 binders. 1 big binder is for the cards that I'm trading away. The other is for cards I'm collecting for decks under construction. In the binders card are organized by type, name and edition.

Next step, recognize my OCD.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds