question-circle How do YOU sort your cards?

03 Feb 2012 06:52 - 03 Feb 2012 06:55 #22273 by derekcastor
Chalange accepted! :)

"self destruct mechanism
introvert overturn assasination
make from steel the ugly weapon
killers instinct from man to trigger"
Skinny Puppy : Chainsaw
Last edit: 03 Feb 2012 06:55 by derekcastor. Reason: Linking fail... :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2012 08:31 - 03 Feb 2012 08:34 #22280 by Pagan
Alphabetical. Easiest way using ARDB to build decks and pull from decklist.

Last edit: 03 Feb 2012 08:34 by Pagan.

More
03 Feb 2012 15:38 - 03 Feb 2012 15:42 #22301 by LunaSlave
It's sort of a confusing system to explain, but it works well for me. The idea behind it was to be organized enough that I could build decks using ARDB but not have to rely on it - and that I could use this system to just grab a handful of cards from the sections I want in order to build a deck quickly by browsing through the cards and seeing what I find interesting.

A few boxes containing all of my decks

vampires are sorted by sect - meaning each clan is put with the sect it is nominally in (Gangrel go with Camarilla, not independent) and then by clan within that, and then alphabetically within that.

Library cards in alphabetical order in the following groups (and by generic I mean that it doesn't require or predominantly favor a clan, sect or discipline)

Event
Generic combat/action/action mod/reaction cards
Generic allies
Generic retainers
Generic masters
Master: Discipline
Generic Equipment cards
Generic political cards
Clan-requiring cards (non-bloodlines, sorted by clan)
Discipline requiring cards (non-bloodlines, sorted by discipline)
Pseudo-discipline stuff
Multi-discipline requiring stuff (non-bloodline)

Sect-requiring or helping cards (ie stuff for Anarch, Black Hand, Cam, Laibon, Sabbat, each with their own category)

various Imbued junk

a section for each bloodline Discipline (sorted by bloodlines discipline, no regard to outferior) and flight
Bloodlines clan-specific stuff

all Bloodlines related library cards get their own box for convenience.
and finally, all Jyhad-backed cards get their own box, cause i like to sometimes build all Jyhad-backed decks just for nostalgia's sake.
Last edit: 03 Feb 2012 15:42 by LunaSlave.

More
22 Feb 2012 09:31 - 22 Feb 2012 09:36 #23840 by Chaitan

I have Three large plastic boxes, two smaller and a two plastic row and all cards in piles separated by cardboards.

First box has piles of vampires sorted by clan+clan cards, capacity and group.

Second box has discipline cards each pile is one discipline in chaotic order.

Third box is misc cards, one pile for master discipline cards, two piles for non-discipline action cards, two piles for vote cards, one pile for non-discipline reaction cards, one pile for non-discipline combat cards, one pile for weapons, one pile for non-weapon equipment, one pile for event cards, one pile for tri-discipline cards, one pile for anarch cards, one pile for black hand cards and so on.

Then I have two smaller boxes for cards I never use or have too many of.

A plastic top that fits into one of the smaller boxes hold that has two rows of master cards sorted by alphabet.
Another plastic top with two rows hold all bloodline specific cards (vampires, disciplines, others).

I'm planning to buy five www.bcwsupplies.com/products/trading-card-boxes/super-monster-storage-box-5000-ct.htm with dividers and sort all cards (roughly ~24000) by alphabet but I need to motivate me to that the huge transport cost to Sweden is worth it just for some pieces of cardboard.

[edit]
I have another small box for finished decks. I have about 30-40 decks and construct/de-construct about 1-2 per week.

Finally coughed up some money and bought twentyfive(!) 5000 card boxes so if you are in the örebro/kristinehamn/karlstad area I can sell you some for a fraction of the normal cost. Anyway, after several gruesome days sorting it all. All vamps are now in one box by clan, group and capacity. Library cards sorted by alphabetical order with "tags" for cards that often tend to end up various decks.

On top of this there are about 3000 cards in decks not shown in the pics.

Last edit: 22 Feb 2012 09:36 by Chaitan.

More
22 Feb 2012 10:07 #23846 by Ankha

I have five Helmer from Ikea and a couple of shoeboxes, that I didnt sorted out yet properly. The Helmer are modified, so they have 3 rows and anti-skid foil.

Everything is sorted very neatly, so putting a deck together takes me about 5-10 minutes.

www.ikea.com/de/de/catalog/products/40107872/

How many cards can 1 Helmer accomodate, and how did you modify them?
Do you have a picture?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds