question-circle How do YOU sort your cards?

28 Nov 2011 12:39 #16311 by Ankha
Starters are left as is, cards by extensions are sorted alphabetically, with Crypt/Rare/Unco separated from the common. "Old" cards (<= CE) are put all together because they're 'staple' cards and sorted by type/discipline/alphabetical order. Bloodlines are separated though and sorted by discipline/alphabetical order.
Vampires <= CE are put together (sorted by clan/alphabetical order), so are vampires from the 3rd edition.

I'm using mainly big cardboard boxes, but also little drawers.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2011 12:46 - 28 Nov 2011 12:47 #16312 by Boris The Blade
My vampires are sorted by clan, then group then capacity. The library cards are sorted by Discipline/Clan/Sect, then alphabetically. The generic cards are sorted by type, then alphabetically.

I used to hold the cards in display boxes but it ended up taking a lot of time to dig for a card even when I knew where it is. So I have just bought two super monster boxes . Now I just have to fill them :unsure:
Last edit: 28 Nov 2011 12:47 by Boris The Blade.

More
28 Nov 2011 14:58 #16326 by brandonsantacruz
I break the library cards down by card type and then alphabetize them. Combo cards go in a separate section. My combat cards won't fit in the same box as the other library carrds, so they have their own box. I also have an imbued box and an extra/give away box because I haven't done anything with them yet.

Crypt cards are broken down by clan and alphabetized, although I currently keep my group ones separate from the group 2 Camarilla and those separate from the rest. This is just because I didn't used to have group two or three anything and haven't combined them yet.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
28 Nov 2011 19:06 #16347 by johannes
By Type (different drawers) then by requirement (different separators), then alphabetically.
Better that strict alphabetic because for a deck often requires cards with the same requirements.

More
28 Nov 2011 19:24 #16355 by Juggernaut1981
I've got mine sorted like this (in importance order)

Vampires:
By Clan
By Capacity
By Name

Library Cards:
By Type
By Clan
By Discpiline
By Name

All my Imbued Cards sit inside a beaten up starter box with the word "IMBUED" written on the top that usually gets shoved around and squashed to fit in more card sleeves.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
28 Nov 2011 19:42 #16357 by Jeff Kuta
I have 3-4 slot boxes sorted by set with multiple sets in each box. Sets are separated into vampires (sorted by clan, then capacity largest to smallest) and library cards (by rarity, then type [Masters and Events, non clan first, then clan. Library cards--Action, Equip, Politics, Retainer, Ally, ActMod, Reax, Combat, Combo...no requirements first, then clans, then disciplines, then alphabetical).

I have a single large 4-slot "play" box filled with the cards I use uncommonly. I also have two single slot boxes, one generic, one specific to Assamite disciplines and clan cards, which have the cards I use most commonly of all.

This way I don't have to go through the depths of my collection too often and makes it easier to find what I need.

I also have a couple boxes dedicated to my set collections. Those remain untouched unless I need something specific for a tournament.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds