file What if VTES was rebooted into an incompatible 2.0 version?

05 Apr 2016 14:26 #76260 by Ashur

Why assume they couldn't be solved? Because those that have spent years trying to solve them, weren't able to solve them. The WWP products that the OneBookshelf guys could get published were the ones with no Hasbro material in them. It seems like Hasbro aren't interested in VTES being published.

Sorry, I had no idea anyone have spent years trying to solve anything. I´ve heard that Hasbro was first not willing to discuss anything, and then I heard OBS didn´t want to do any deal with Hasbro because it could disturb other deals they have together.

The patent doesn't cover this stuff. It covers making a generic CCG using the "Tap mechanic". It doesn't cover the turn order, it doesn't cover the rule book, it doesn't cover the card art, it doesn't cover the icons, etc, etc, etc.
The patent NEVER covered those things. The things I listed are NON-PATENT INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.

Please don´t use caps, there is no need to behave like that. Obviously you are more into these things than I am, but maybe you can explain instead of being rude? You seem to have seen these things in print, I haven´t. CCP had the right to reprint cards, with artwork, symbols and everything (including the Deckmaster logo!), but suddenly, when WWP now aquire the WoD IP:s from CCP, you think WWP cannot make the same kind of deal with Hasbro? Wouldn´t it be more likely that such a deal can be made?

We are already in a 'gap' in production.

Yes, I have noticed this. What I am saying is that the VEKN should work for a continued VTES, because that is the stated mission of this organization. People that don´t like VTES should not involve themselves in VEKN, or? Stop hating?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2016 17:19 #76264 by Bloodartist

Please don´t use caps, there is no need to behave like that. Obviously you are more into these things than I am, but maybe you can explain instead of being rude? You seem to have seen these things in print, I haven´t. CCP had the right to reprint cards, with artwork, symbols and everything (including the Deckmaster logo!), but suddenly, when WWP now aquire the WoD IP:s from CCP, you think WWP cannot make the same kind of deal with Hasbro? Wouldn´t it be more likely that such a deal can be made?

I do not have any insider information, but after following the progress (or lack of) of CCP's world of darkness MMORPG for several years, it seems to me that the problem was CCP and its obscure board of investors rather than anything else. Now that CCP no longer part of the equation, we can hope for something to happen. I never heard that it was Hasbro that put the brake on things.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

More
05 Apr 2016 17:55 #76265 by Ashur

I do not have any insider information, but after following the progress (or lack of) of CCP's world of darkness MMORPG for several years, it seems to me that the problem was CCP and its obscure board of investors rather than anything else. Now that CCP no longer part of the equation, we can hope for something to happen. I never heard that it was Hasbro that put the brake on things.

Well, it depends on how you interpret what is written here: www.vekn.net/announcements/317-the-current-state-of-vtes . It´s all kind of blurry, who should be blamed for what and where the real problem lies currently. Hopefully, things will clear soon.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: brettscho

More
08 Apr 2016 00:48 #76300 by Azel
Zero Interest in Incompatibility.

Just like I had Zero Interest in nWoD.
Just like I had Zero Interest in D&D 4e.
Just like I had Zero Interest in L5R post-Jade (or was it Gold?) edition.

Incompatibility means I go back to playing my old stuff. It still works. There's no patent restriction making it not work between my friends and I.

I am not slavish to the release of new things.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds