file How I would relaunch V:TES (card reprint)

21 Aug 2016 18:52 #77968 by jamesatzephyr

You must have missed the most important word in my first post:
resolve the bleed against the bouncing player, then the action continues against the new target.

So, now you get to deal with an action being successful, twice, and all the things that can trigger off that. Or an action being successful and unsuccessful, in either order, and then having to decide whether effects that trigger off either condition are allowed.

Which is a whole new can of worms, freshly dug up. Please, keep digging.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2016 19:59 #77969 by Ankha

I think there should be different kind of bleed bounce, like one where two meths are bleed at once (and half rounded up is targeting chosen meth). It can be something one celerity or presence or fortidude.

It would introduce over-complicated situations for what? Dividing a bleed? Then just say "Only usable when you are being bled, after blocks are declined. Tap this reacting vampire. Choose another Methuselah other than the controller of the acting minion. The acting minion is now bleeding that Methuselah. If that Methuselah is bled successfully, you burn half the pool of the bleed (round down) and that Methuselah burns the other half."

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
21 Aug 2016 22:10 - 21 Aug 2016 22:14 #77970 by Boris The Blade

So, now you get to deal with an action being successful, twice, and all the things that can trigger off that. Or an action being successful and unsuccessful, in either order, and then having to decide whether effects that trigger off either condition are allowed.

Not a problem: actions resolving multiple times are already part of the game since Momentary Delay.

It would introduce over-complicated situations for what? Dividing a bleed? Then just say "Only usable when you are being bled, after blocks are declined. Tap this reacting vampire. Choose another Methuselah other than the controller of the acting minion. The acting minion is now bleeding that Methuselah. If that Methuselah is bled successfully, you burn half the pool of the bleed (round down) and that Methuselah burns the other half."

This breaks one of the golden rules: if one is affected by an action, then one should be a target and be able react / block. For example, the acting minion can still increase the bleed against A after the bounce but A cannot reduce it with Telepathic Counter anymore.

Of course one could also make bounce cards cost pool, but then that pool loss does not count as a successful bleed for the acting player, which seems unfair to him.
Last edit: 21 Aug 2016 22:14 by Boris The Blade.

More
22 Aug 2016 08:15 #77975 by Ankha

Not a problem: actions resolving multiple times are already part of the game since Momentary Delay.

This breaks one of the golden rules: if one is affected by an action, then one should be a target and be able react / block.

That's exactly what's happening, I suppose you misread my proposition.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
22 Aug 2016 10:00 #77976 by elotar
There is other way - just remove bleed bounce from the game B)

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
22 Aug 2016 13:36 #77980 by Ashur

There is other way - just remove bleed bounce from the game B)

Well that´s actually not a totally stupid idea - that mechanic has always felt a bit broken.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds