file How I would relaunch V:TES (card reprint)

22 Aug 2016 23:45 - 22 Aug 2016 23:51 #77985 by Boris The Blade

That's exactly what's happening, I suppose you misread my proposition.

Then the wording should be adapted to something like "The acting minion is now also bleeding that Methuselah." For balance reasons, I am not a fan of B blocking A's bleed, though.
Last edit: 22 Aug 2016 23:51 by Boris The Blade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2016 02:30 #77986 by self biased
am I the only one profoundly confused by like... the last fifteen posts?

I know we're all about
not doing anything to change the status quo, but i'd be all for changing the fact that Dominate gets most of the nice things.

Let's let Dominate be better at bounce, fine, whatever.

Generic Bounce Card
Reaction
do not replace until your next untap phase. standard bounce text, but targets player's prey. if the bleed is successful, only one pool is burned.

boom. everyone can bounce, but it's way less effective. want to make it weirder? remove the replacement restriction, but have it cost a pool.

More
23 Aug 2016 02:41 - 23 Aug 2016 02:52 #77987 by Boris The Blade
Even that would probably be too strong: it still avoids all pool damage from the bleed.
Last edit: 23 Aug 2016 02:52 by Boris The Blade.

More
23 Aug 2016 02:45 #77988 by self biased
reduces bleed against the original Methuselah? is that your concern? have the bounce card cost a pool.

More
23 Aug 2016 06:23 #77992 by Ankha

That's exactly what's happening, I suppose you misread my proposition.

Then the wording should be adapted to something like "The acting minion is now also bleeding that Methuselah." For balance reasons, I am not a fan of B blocking A's bleed, though.

The purpose was to avoid creating two blocks for the same action which is bad rule-wise, but also for the extra time it takes.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
23 Aug 2016 15:15 #77999 by jamesatzephyr

Generic Bounce Card
Reaction
do not replace until your next untap phase. standard bounce text, but targets player's prey. if the bleed is successful, only one pool is burned.

This is likely to slow the game down by a fair bit, because instead of three, four, five counters being removed from the table, only one is - and (intentionally) pretty much every deck can play it.

Bleed reduction is potentially a decent choice for a deck (in design terms), though in V:TES (in practical terms), bounce is just better than most sources of bleed reduction - not helped by the fact that if you can play Telepathic Counter, you can play Telepathic Misdirection. But it's probably best as a choice. Here, basically any deck based around boosting bloods is really screwed, and unlike Archon Investigation (which is itself mildly controversial), you can play it on pretty much every bleed - and unlike Protected Resources, it's not unique with a significant debilitating effect.

Overall, it seems pretty horrible.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds