file How I would relaunch V:TES (card reprint)

05 Apr 2017 20:41 #81360 by Lönkka

• Trainer: useless card
  • So did I think until Jarkko used it in his deck as an anti-Animalism measure (obviously at superior) and it worked awesomely well. Especially against ani weenies.

I strongly disagree with the statement that maneuver is superior to press. Could be in some instances, but often you want to have extra presses.

Also, "useless card" statements are not absolutely true.

I rather have a game with hundreds of such "useless cards" that add deckbuilding potential and variance to the games instead of just seeing if you can draw Govern and Lost in Crowds in the right order.

Granted, when thinking about core set's cards for relaunch it is indeed a different matter altogether as you want to include most usable and used cards not more cornercase cards.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
    • Away
    • Antediluvian
    • Antediluvian
    • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
    More
    05 Apr 2017 20:47 #81361 by Lönkka
    I also agree somewhat with Khalid about the Imbued cards, but they do not warrant a full expansion or more.

In order to give more variance to them so that players wouldn't need to face the same old few imbued cards over and over again,would be to add an Imbued card (= 1 card) to more or less every expansion. This rate shouldn't ruin anyone's day (or night...) and we'd slowly get more variance to the imbued.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Khalid1988

• Lönkka
    • Away
    • Antediluvian
    • Antediluvian
    • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
    More
    06 Apr 2017 14:12 #81374 by ur_vampire
    I agree with Lönnka about the "useless cards" posting. I think there are only a few of them.
    Par example "Twisting the Knife" or "Letter from Vienna" which I´ve both not seen in a deck in the last 15 years, if I remember correct.

More
    06 Apr 2017 16:15 #81376 by Ankha

I agree with Lönnka about the "useless cards" posting. I think there are only a few of them.
    Par example "Twisting the Knife" or "Letter from Vienna" which I´ve both not seen in a deck in the last 15 years, if I remember correct.

Ok, replace "useless" by "crappy, almost never played card" :)

Trainer is relatively comparable to Nosferatu Putrescence. Nosferatu Putrescence is strong is you play always against the same Nosferatu prevent + Disarm deck. Is it a useful card, generally speaking? I doubt it.

Prince of Paris, France
    Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
    Moderators: AnkhaKraus
    Time to create page: 0.072 seconds