lightbulb Crypt card redesign

01 Sep 2016 09:06 #78090 by BenPeal
Replied by BenPeal on topic Crypt card redesign
To give you all some insight into how insane the current, official crypt text templating rules are:

SECT
BOLD
Camarilla
Sabbat
Independent
Laibon
(Anarch)

TITLE
BOLD
Primogen
Prince of CITY
Justicar
Imperator
Inner Circle
Bishop
Archbishop of CITY
Priscus
Regent
Baron of CITY
Magaji
Kholo (not on existing crypt cards)

NOT BOLD
1 vote (titled)
2 votes (titled)

KEYWORD
BOLD
Black Hand
Seraph

NOT BOLD
Flight (plus symbol)

SPECIAL RULE/TERM
BOLD
Red List
Advanced (currently only represented by symbol)

NOT BOLD
Non-unique
Sterile
Infernal
Vulnerability
Blood cursed
Circle
Slave
Scarce

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2016 10:06 - 01 Sep 2016 10:12 #78091 by 666Raziel
Replied by 666Raziel on topic Crypt card redesign
That's why I love Ke layout.

Having 2 different "space" in crypt cards is, in my opinion, a great way to standardize wording.
We can now have one box for mandatory keyword and term that have implication of their own. And one box for abilities specific to the vampire/imbued.

The pattern is already set (though it need some specific decision).

One of the thing left to discuss is maybe what to do with non conditional "+X bonus".

EDIT : this might also help to make Merged abilities more identifiable.
Last edit: 01 Sep 2016 10:12 by 666Raziel.

More
01 Sep 2016 10:47 #78092 by BenPeal

That's why I love Ke layout.

Having 2 different "space" in crypt cards is, in my opinion, a great way to standardize wording.
We can now have one box for mandatory keyword and term that have implication of their own. And one box for abilities specific to the vampire/imbued.

These two "spaces" already exist in the current, official crypt text templating: before the colon for bold and after the colon for non-bold. Whether these elements are better displayed in the proposed template is another matter (they might be, and I do like the concept of having a properly dedicated space for the Group number). However, the proposed layout and text templating doesn't address the underlying issues with the current bold/not-bold insanity. It instead adds an extra element of confusion by additionally having some abilities being bolded (black text box) and not others.

I strongly recommend keeping the current, official templating as-is, however dumb it may be, for the sake of consistency with existing cards. It's either that or putting very serious work into overhauling the crypt templating rules.

More
01 Sep 2016 11:46 #78094 by 666Raziel
Replied by 666Raziel on topic Crypt card redesign

I strongly recommend keeping the current, official templating as-is, however dumb it may be, for the sake of consistency with existing cards. It's either that or putting very serious work into overhauling the crypt templating rules.

I am not doing all the "hard work" here so I don't know if my opinion is relevant, but I think it's a shame not to seize the opportunity of a fresher layout in order improve the cardtext pattern.

VTES already had so many changes on that subject. I don't think we need one more if it's not to accompany some improvement in the cardtext. :unsure:

More
01 Sep 2016 12:19 #78095 by BenPeal

I am not doing all the "hard work" here so I don't know if my opinion is relevant, but I think it's a shame not to seize the opportunity of a fresher layout in order improve the cardtext pattern.

VTES already had so many changes on that subject. I don't think we need one more if it's not to accompany some improvement in the cardtext. :unsure:

Your opinion and input is very much welcome. :) With regards to changes in card text templating, it's an ongoing process on the part of the Rules Team, and their changes have definitely been implemented. A few examples we've implemented in the VEKN pdf sets:

- getting consistency with "may/can" and "may not/cannot".
- changing the templating for Anarch 3-way cards.
- Removing "Advanced" from crypt text boxes and using only the Advanced icon ( :adv: ).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

More
01 Sep 2016 15:04 #78098 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Crypt card redesign

- Removing "Advanced" from crypt text boxes and using only the Advanced icon ( :adv: ).

The horrible, horrible, horrible icon. It's way too late to change it now, but honestly, it's by far the worst icon in the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds