times The Unaligned: Previews

06 Oct 2014 18:27 #66087 by Pascal Bertrand

Is the text on Serpent's Numbing Kiss correct?

As far as I can see, the superior's "This (opposing) minion does not untap as normal during your untap phase" is a null statement, since other Methuselah's minions don't untap then anyway.

Edited to add: This is from the flattened library file - I haven't downloaded the other version to see if they're different.

Minion cards are controlled by the player whos minions they are on, so it will burn on the persons untap phase whos minion it is on.

Correct.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2014 18:28 #66088 by Pascal Bertrand

is it just me, or do some of the cards seem to be worded peculiarly?

Do you have some cards in mind?

More
06 Oct 2014 18:29 #66089 by Pascal Bertrand

Hmm, a question about Gianna di Canneto. The text says, in part:

"When another of your minions is in combat, Gianna can tap and burn herself to burn any equipment on the opposing minion, or..."

Can she do that even if the opposing minion has no equipment?

No. You would need an equipment to be there to burn her.

More
07 Oct 2014 01:10 - 07 Oct 2014 01:10 #66104 by self biased

is it just me, or do some of the cards seem to be worded peculiarly?

Do you have some cards in mind?

for starters, Ennoia's Theater.

Unique location.
You can tap this card to get +1 hand size this turn. You can tap this card during your influence phase to get +1 transfer.

it doesn't conform to the "during x, do y" template as well as it could, like Dreams of the Sphinx.

Unique master.
Put this card in play. Put a counter on this card each time you tap it. When the third counter is added, burn this card. Tap this card to get +2 hand size until the end of the current turn. Tap during your untap phase to gain an additional pool if you have the Edge. Tap to move a blood from the bank to a vampire in your uncontrolled region.

in my mind, the card should read like this:

Unique location.
Tap this card to get +1 hand size this turn. During your influence phase, you may tap this card to gain a (or alternatively "for +1") transfer.

there is a card titled... "Thing." seriously?

Rewilding should read

(d) Burn a location controlled by any Methuselah. That Methuselah burns 2 pool.

all of the wraiths are susceptible to non-aggravated damage, which upon some research isn't an actual gripe, but a preconception i had. so you get a pass on that.

Dam the Heart's River reads:

Frenzy. Only usable before range is determined. A vampire can play only one Dam the Heart's River each combat.
:qui: This combat, each strike or damaging effect made against the opposing minion inflicts +1 damage.
:QUI: As above, and this combat, strikes cost the opposing minion 1 additional blood or life, and the opposing minion can choose not to strike.

should read more like torn signpost:

Frenzy. Only usable before range is determined.
:qui: Each of this minion's strikes or damaging effects inflict +1 damage for the remainder of combat. A vampire can play only one Dam the Heart's River each combat.
:QUI: as above and strikes cost the opposing minion 1 additional blood or life (the opposing minion can choose not to strike).

there are, extra commas, that make the cards seem like they're, narrated by, Christopher, Walken, or.... god, forbid... the.... William... Shatner...

i haven't really had much time to look through the crypt cards, but i get a feeling that this batch didn't pay much attention to how other similar cards were worded and it comes off feeling amateurish, i guess? i certainly don't mean any disrespect to any of the design team.
Last edit: 07 Oct 2014 01:10 by self biased.

More
07 Oct 2014 04:11 #66109 by Sebulba
Replied by Sebulba on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews

Seems serious to me, I guess it is supposed to be gathering (the word is still used in the Nordics) :)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thing_(assembly)
The following user(s) said Thank You: extrala

More
07 Oct 2014 04:43 #66111 by HG.fi
Replied by HG.fi on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews

This very same question was asked in the #vtes irc channel. I guess non-Scandinavians just don't learn what a "thing" is in elementary school. :)

Now I'm eagerly awaiting for a card called Turpakäräjät, which is colloquial Finnish for "a thing, but with Finnish politics :POT: ". ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Ashur

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds