times The Unaligned: Previews

05 Oct 2014 06:33 #66015 by derjudge
Thanks a lot!
Great work, great cards!

Is there a vtescsv.zip somewhere for ardb users?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2014 08:10 - 05 Oct 2014 08:12 #66016 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews
Nice set, sadly :nec: get no love except for shambling hordes decks (yes, there is one other :nec: card, that might be used in trap decks, but i have my doubts about it's usefulness).

Most important card for :assa: is Priority Contract, with no doubts. g2-g3 Assamite royalty also looks nice, two princes, justicar and inner circle.

I like that defensive torn signpost for :qui:, now it have real synergy with :cel: combat, and it's always nice to see another Taste of Death enabler.

With the new :pre: :ser: card, my Zubeida deck will be unstoppable !

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 05 Oct 2014 08:12 by Lech.

More
05 Oct 2014 08:55 - 05 Oct 2014 08:58 #66017 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews
Seems that merged Tegyrius might finally be useful with two assamite princes.

Also I really like Brunhilde and the Valkyries, might make a deck with those, especially with the move 2 down card for gangrel also.
Last edit: 05 Oct 2014 08:58 by Klaital.

More
05 Oct 2014 11:07 #66019 by ReverendRevolver
Gangrel fatties are great. Inyanga is a much cooler wall-star (not a typo) than Nadima, with her cheap wolvers (and gypsies I suppose) and stupid good standing intercept with access to AUS, ANI and of course Fortitude. Shes perfect for the deck I built around Modechai Ben-nun when httb came out. And existing support exist.
F@%#ing Xavier..... where to start? Thank you, Ben and DT, for adding ABO (he has 4 dots of ABO in Children of the Night, but when Anarchs was printed, ABO wasnt existant in VTES, hell, I dont think it was defined in vtm yet, as KotEK wasnt out....) specials great. Even running him in combat decks, due to new toys (bear skin mostly) im digging the new dude more. Merge and get the burn blood to punch hard, but a Justicar (access to second trad) who groups doen with 2 princes or up with one) who has all in clans, pot cel aus and Superior ABO,which is access to bleed pump, block fail, stealth, imtercept, and combat, who untaps after calling p shift or alastor or whatever is stupid awesome.
The fatty with 3 strength and dunking special is funny, because I had submitted the justicar before Xavier as a beatstick card, and Bens comment was good luck fitting all the words in a text box. I was happy when I saw a rough draft of this guy(ane everything) and Im even happier with completed version (whole set has great art, impressed with Gines alternating styles some and making it look just as good as his normal stuff).
In the template of Lord Vauxall, really happy about the 7 caps with all in clans and an out of clan superior. Its not "powercreepy" due to things before it not killing anyone, and it provides that kickass support vamp an extra kick without sticking circumstancial specials on everything.
Setites, happy for g3 support vamp in a clan novel protagonist, really happy for Snake Punch (typhonic beast) getting 2 new beatsticks. The g3 dude makes ezekiel valid for snake punch, and Ghede (an almost oops ;) ) is PERFECT for fatty snake punch with eternals and villein to set up. Add in he doesnt rely soley on snake drive to multiact, and pays nothing for as many typhonic beasts as you want, AND rushes, I start to think that new snake punch is on my list to build (instead of the half done snake punch I started last year.)

Ivan advanced makes me dig into my Epiphany stash. Did the DT say "bunhi grapple mass reality..... lets see if ot works right after this" ? Hes great, and again, art fits like a glove. Ravnos got some coolness in the brown-backed card department, which was really all they needed imo (other than the game back in print...) speaking of, if we get printed, and get boosters for draft or otherwise, the weenie with fortitudexis a perfect draft but still good anyway type of card.
Assamites can vote now, at least reliably enough for everyone to try them and not contest Inyanga and Xavier cross table with me for a fee months. Alot of archbishops in this set, across the indy dudes, princes too, with is omething people have liked in non cam clans over the years. With Assamites, the support is what i like most in the set.

Giovanni got punchy support and an impressive !ventrue and samedi support dude.those are both buold worthy.

Ennoias theatre does the DoTS thing other cards have needed to do, and adds another auto include gangrel master. Gangrel got a kamut, a free horrid form, a semi DotS, and vote help. Lets see what happens. Necro got toys, and funeral wake will be in my dead hooker decks, along with abdesolbek and some mummies for kicks. Snake stealthbleed will get annoying without dodge. Quietus got toys, chi got neat stuff...

Add in plans for reprints and run it as a ful small set and see if WotC is game to print with Steve Weick? They like money, and the set is goldmostly.

More
05 Oct 2014 13:14 #66021 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews

Nice set, sadly :nec: get no love except for shambling hordes decks (yes, there is one other :nec: card, that might be used in trap decks, but i have my doubts about it's usefulness).

While not remotely a fan of Funeral Wake, at least until we ban events, I can see reasons for someone to play Blight.

Aggpoke annoying your Preternatural Strengthened Giovanni? Go away.

Want to Disarm? Pretty easy, can't even be additional striked to mess up the Disarm.

Find Aid from Bats annoying? Well, it's a prerange card that cycles to kill a press. Somebody, somewhere still plays with Walk of Flame? Admittedly, Trap doesn't come from the minion, but it may be Apportation or Dust to Dust or whatever that is setting up the Walk.

It eats up a card slot, which is a problem, but it cycles relatively easily (i.e. easily for a combat card). It also can be played by a mummy that can play Nec to survive longer for theme decks.

More
05 Oct 2014 15:11 - 05 Oct 2014 15:15 #66024 by drnlmza
Replied by drnlmza on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews
Is the text on Serpent's Numbing Kiss correct?

As far as I can see, the superior's "This (opposing) minion does not untap as normal during your untap phase" is a null statement, since other Methuselah's minions don't untap then anyway.

Edited to add: This is from the flattened library file - I haven't downloaded the other version to see if they're different.

--
National Coordinator
South Africa
Last edit: 05 Oct 2014 15:15 by drnlmza.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds