file Contents and card changes in 25th Anniversary revealed

05 Jun 2019 19:47 #95238 by Sambomb
I think are better ways to fix it, not that they dont need changes.
Specially Ankara and Una.
Freak drive burns blood would be much more ellegant solution.
Parity is Ok
And I still think that Pentex could have a bunch of other possible fixes

Archbishop of Itaocara
Prince ID #510

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2019 20:41 #95239 by DJHedgehog

I think are better ways to fix it, not that they dont need changes.
Specially Ankara and Una.
Freak drive burns blood would be much more ellegant solution.
Parity is Ok
And I still think that Pentex could have a bunch of other possible fixes

I don't necessarily think freak drive was handled the way I would have wanted, but I think it's fine. It leaves the most popular card intact and eliminates the negative interactions that made it a problem. I have no doubt they explored a lot of options and this felt the most "natural".

Pentex-wise, this is the best solution of all the ones I've seen discussed, other than an outright ban. If you compare it to Misdirection (a card that sees play despite being far worse than un-nerfed pentex), Pentex still has a function and is worth 2 pool for aggressive decks worried about an all-star blocker. It is no longer an auto include and that makes me happier than anything else.

More
05 Jun 2019 21:13 #95240 by ReverendRevolver
Real talk:

I saw 8 pages of replies and assumed they un-banned PTO or something....

Glad una sucks(more) now. I will no longer be tempted to use her to play :for: reaction cards.

Pentex backwards just became a much clearer message to your predator.

Citadel is still very strong.

P-shift..... yea, that's probably fair. :pre: plus votes is still stronger than anything else voting. Baby steps.

BM, sounds legit.

But I've got much more important questions:

When do I get to see the new Freak Drive art

And

What's the box made out of?

More
05 Jun 2019 21:45 #95241 by self biased

Came for the Euro tears, stayed for the Mewcat trolling.

I wonder how many of the "learn to play" euro crowd are threatening to sell their collections.

apparently, many of them "Don't do business with Americans." when presented with a sincere offer to take their cards off their hands.

More
05 Jun 2019 22:11 #95242 by LivesByProxy
I'm more interested about the implications of errata'ing cards going forward. This is an interesting time for table-top gaming / collectible card gaming. Never before has their been a game, to my knowledge, that had so many different editions, different graphic layouts, and such a history of being errata'ed.

So I wonder... what happens to a physical game when it starts receiving errata the same way digital games receive patches and updates. And what is the effect of proxies being acceptable, and BC working with multiple print-on-demand, crowdfunding, and localized producers and distributors on all of this?

I wonder what Elotar thinks...

25th Anniversary Edition has some nice cards... Instantaneous Transformation, Freak Drive, and Forced March? Cool with me.

BTW, when are Govern, Conditioning, and Deflection getting errata'ed? :side:

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
05 Jun 2019 22:25 #95243 by BogusMagus
I'm really annoyed by some of these changes.
(BTW, I'm a very old casual gamer.)

(1) I think that, most of the times, Nerfs happen in any type of games (card games, MMOs and other computer games, board games, even in TTRPG) to reduce the power of the strong cards/abilities/classes etc.

By the way, I do understand that there are instances of "problem" decks that are not powerful.
But "problematic", "annoying" etc. are very subjective terms.

(2) So, the most successful Gangrel deck is a stealth-vote/bleed deck that uses Dominate?
That makes me a little sad.

I don't hate or think <Stanislava> is a problem.

But, how many <Stanislava> decks are in TWD?
How about <Una> decks?

(3) Specific cards

<Pentex Subversion>
I do agree that this cards should be Nerfed.
But the new card does almost nothing *against* <Stanislava>, for instance.

How about:

(a) The minion with this card cannot block actions and cannot take actions *except to burn this card*.

(b) The minion with this card must burn additional 2 blood each time he or she attempts to take an action or block. (Pentex SubversionIs cost should be reduced.)
(Or maybe, the controller must burn 2 pool?)

<Una> <Ankara Citadel>

If they have to be Nerfed, make them "once (or 2 or 3 times)" per turn.

<Parity Shift> <Black Metamorphosis>

I'm happy with these changes.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds