exclamation-circle About diversity and inclusivity (including VEKN Rules Team Rulings 05/07/2020)

09 Jul 2020 08:00 #100299 by darkal

answer made to: Henrik Klippström - Marketing Director on facebook

Henrik Klippström so there dear, there is a mistake. Gipsy is racist only for you. I lived 25 years with gipsies who are proud of it and were deported by the Nazis because they were gipsy. It's community is absolutely not stigmatized by this term and they even have a music group called gipsy king! this term is therefore only racist for some and negating it can be an offense for us just as the reverse for others! So why listen to one part of the world and not another?
We're just here to alert you to the bans and other rule changes that are taking place that would alter the fundamentals of our game.
Your last banns can open the way to others under pretexts just as far-fetched.
Where is the line that will stop you? today Gipsy, tomorrow what?
When has your idea of ​​community spliting been an official proposal from you?
The France that I represent is one of the 1st nation present during international events in number, you want us to leave the official tournaments?
I do not agree with your communication, nor your recent course of action, and for once, I come out of my reserve to express our grievances. We do not agree to the establishment of a free vampire contest and for the bans of the cards that seem to you to be rasists.
Is that clear enough for you as an explanation?

Alain Greiner NC France

The truth is all of this has nothing to do with anyone being offended by this cards. Its a political decision to "fit in" a new media trend. BC like Wizards takes actions just to show how tolerant they are and ban cards just to show it. The truth is you could ban a whole lot more cards in VTES that are offensive but it's not the point, the point is to show you are doing something.

Of course it is political, but that is the whole problem that I am trying to highlight.
is that there is no clear course of action.

And so tomorrow for these same reasons the door being opened, we may have the Slavic trait of deleted, Mr Noir banned and so many other things that will deeply impact the game.

I do not see here the rasist side of these cards, but rather the fact that they are banned. Instead of just renaming them.

And I hope you have understood that I am indeed a rasist, but towards the idiots, regardless of their colors or origins.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2020 08:23 - 09 Jul 2020 09:24 #100301 by darkal

answer made to: Henrik Klippström - Marketing Director on facebook

And that is your privilege, although I don't know if it's supported by a clear majority of the French players. But like we now have stated many times, this decision was not taken based on the Roms situation in France, or on your or the French player community´s opinions. I do not believe it is the business of a 1990´s card game producer to choose a name for or depict any modern day ethnical group, neither is it the business of a 2020´s card game producer, or its player community. I stand for that belief.

And please don´t mix the contest playtest into this. That is an entirely different issue.

I speak on behalf of the majority of French people of whom I am the representative.
We have organized a post just to discuss it and you have a clear opinion.

As it is, we French, refuse your banishments. We will not apply them during our national tournaments.

We ask BCP to rename these.

And let us inform the other NCs.
Last edit: 09 Jul 2020 09:24 by darkal.

More
09 Jul 2020 08:51 - 09 Jul 2020 08:51 #100303 by Lönkka

As it is, we French, refuse your banishments. We will not apply them during our national tournaments.

The publisher has currently banned the cards and said that they are looking into getting out replacements and such.

If you run tournaments that ignore the banned card list (partly or whole) then those run the risk of having the results of those tournaments nulled and voided.

I'm assuming you refer to the standard constructed tournaments.
So another thing that might happen is that the tournament format you used (Standard Constructed) would be, forcibly, changed to Limited. Which would present all kinds of ramifications regarding ranking and TWDA.

And let us inform the other CNs.

Sorry but this confused me, what is CN?
Canada?
Cartoon Network,
People's Republic of China?

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 09 Jul 2020 08:51 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
09 Jul 2020 08:52 - 09 Jul 2020 08:52 #100304 by Lönkka

The publisher has currently banned the cards and said that they are looking into getting out replacements and such.

If you run tournaments that ignore the banned card list (partly or whole) then those run the risk of having the results of those tournaments nulled and voided.

I'm assuming you refer to the standard constructed tournaments.
So another thing that might happen is that the tournament format you used (Standard Constructed) would be, forcibly, changed to Limited. Which would present all kinds of ramifications regarding ranking and TWDA.

And let us inform the other CNs.

Sorry but this confused me, what is CN?
Canada?
Cartoon Network?
People's Republic of China?

Last edit: 09 Jul 2020 08:52 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
More
09 Jul 2020 08:53 #100305 by Lönkka
Where to stop?

Will you also be allowing previously banned cards?
Like Anthelios, Lilith's Blessing and Return to Innocence. Etc.

Or perhaps going back on rewording of the cards. Like Pentex Subversion, Majesty, Fame etc?

Revert the 7/7 rulings?
Go with the original Jyhad rulebook?

I really wish BCP had presented the replacements at the same time the banned these cards, but they didn't.
They promised, however, to get replacements if possible: "Where possible we will design new cards to fit those spaces."

It'll just take some time.
My guess is that these will appear in the next promo pack.
Getting them out in PDF format ASAP would be a way quicker temporary band-aid sort of solution. And thus preferable.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
More
09 Jul 2020 09:31 #100306 by elotar
Any bans are good for the game - there are too many cards. So even if you, like me, think that all this BLM stuff is stupid, you still should be happy with the result :lol:

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boris The Blade

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds