compress Honest Idea for fixing overly strong master cards!

Poll: AFTER READING THE WHOLE THING: What do you think? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
06 Aug 2011 13:33 - 06 Aug 2011 13:35 #7454 by Joscha

You'd remove offensive cards (Pentex Subversion, Anarch Troublemaker) in favor of defensive cards (Sudden Reversal, Wash)?

I don't see the blocking of pool gain by my prey as defensive. I play Sudden Reversal in my bleed decks against Villein, Minion Tap, Blood Doll, Vessel and Golconda. Sure, sometimes it takes up a slot of your hand and you wait for the right time to play it. OTOH Sudden Reversal guaranteed often my VP, when my prey overextended his influence relying on the back cash of pool with Villein. Those Villeindecks are only good as long as nobody get their weak point. Adaptability is the key.

Baron of Frankfurt
Last edit: 06 Aug 2011 13:35 by Joscha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boris The Blade

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2011 13:50 #7456 by Suoli

I think Girls appearance on the tournament scene is good because it forces players to optimize their decks and reduce it's size, which is good for the game.

It moves the meta towards focused decks and away from versatile decks. I don't know if this is good for the game.

More
06 Aug 2011 14:27 #7460 by Xaddam

I don't see the blocking of pool gain by my prey as defensive. I play Sudden Reversal in my bleed decks against Villein, Minion Tap, Blood Doll, Vessel and Golconda. Sure, sometimes it takes up a slot of your hand and you wait for the right time to play it. OTOH Sudden Reversal guaranteed often my VP, when my prey overextended his influence relying on the back cash of pool with Villein. Those Villeindecks are only good as long as nobody get their weak point. Adaptability is the key.

If Pentex or Anarch Troublemaker would be "louche" then sudden reversal would be more defensive. As it stands, yes, I agree, it can be used as both. My critique was what the rule change would do to the card, and it would make the card more defensive.

It moves the meta towards focused decks and away from versatile decks. I don't know if this is good for the game.

What you call 'focused' is what I call good decks (what wins in spite of the odds), what you call 'versatile' I call bad decks (what wins only with a good amount of luck). My point stands, the decks you call 'versatile' were bad decks before Girls came into the tournament scene. The decks you call focused were the decks that won before. Nothing has changed, so there's nothing to dislike about it.

Adam Esbjörnsson,
Prince of Örebro

More
06 Aug 2011 14:42 #7462 by Suoli

What you call 'focused' is what I call good decks (what wins in spite of the odds), what you call 'versatile' I call bad decks (what wins only with a good amount of luck).

It takes skill to build a versatile deck without compromising consistency but with current recursion options (not just Ashurs), hand management tech, permanents and efficient reactions it can most definitely be done.

My point stands, the decks you call 'versatile' were bad decks before Girls came into the tournament scene. The decks you call focused were the decks that won before. Nothing has changed, so there's nothing to dislike about it.

Versatile decks != bad decks. They are just harder to build correctly. This leads to lots of badly made toolboxes but that doesn't mean that toolboxes are inherently bad.

More
06 Aug 2011 14:48 - 06 Aug 2011 14:53 #7463 by Xaddam
Yeah, I realize that's your opinion. My opinion is that what you call versatile is actually bad. They would for instance have no chance of ousting Girls or defending against it.

EDIT: Clarification: That's how I actually define a good or bad deck when building new decks; whether or not they can defend against/oust girls.

Adam Esbjörnsson,
Prince of Örebro
Last edit: 06 Aug 2011 14:53 by Xaddam.

More
06 Aug 2011 15:01 - 06 Aug 2011 15:04 #7464 by Suoli

Yeah, I realize that's your opinion. My opinion is that what you call versatile is actually bad. They would for instance have no chance of ousting Girls or defending against it.

EDIT: Clarification: That's how I actually define a good or bad deck when building new decks; whether or not they can defend against/oust girls.

I agree with you that non-focused decks are bad if good is defined by the Girls-matchup. I don't agree that Girls being the measuring stick is good for the game, though. Focused decks aren't inherently 'better' for the game than versatile decks. It's the exact opposite if anything.
Last edit: 06 Aug 2011 15:04 by Suoli.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds