compress Honest Idea for fixing overly strong master cards!

Poll: AFTER READING THE WHOLE THING: What do you think? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
09 Aug 2011 13:26 - 09 Aug 2011 13:31 #7692 by Surreal

Or to say it differently: you got crushed by a deck and it was a bad deck. You did not get crushed because it was a bad deck.

Well, situation was bit more complicated in that tourney. My predators two first vampires were Koko and Dimple so I was expecting normal nosfe royalty. I got hit by 11 pool dmg before rushing both to torpor. Predators third vampire was Harrod without playing villein/tap so grand predators bleed deck had easy work killing my predator. Bleed decks predator was wall deck with very little foward momentum so it was perfect spot for bleed deck. That example is not so good but there is a problem when decks are not very close in power level in the same table. Random seating can affect the outcome too much then.

I can't speak for Surreal but I've seen decks in tournies that I don't think belong in tournaments. The one taking the cake was a Beast and Theo rush deck whose oust mechanism was "bleed for one with two minions once all the other vampires are in torpor". So in effect it randomly destroyed someone's game (in essence giving a huge boost to it's grand prey) and never was even close to getting an oust.

I think I know what deck you are talking about if it was this year Ropecon. It had dragonbound and anarch revolts at least.
Last edit: 09 Aug 2011 13:31 by Surreal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2011 18:32 #7718 by Demnogonis Saastuttaja
Well, I'm not a fan of bad decks in tournaments, either. In friendly games it's cool to play that Shadow Parasite lol deck, because it's funny, but in a tournament it's probably going to make a lot of no predator / free VP situations.

:ANI: :AUS: :VIC:

More
10 Aug 2011 05:08 #7735 by Lemminkäinen

How do you know he didn't just fail to draw his pool damage cards? And even if he didn't play them, that's beside the point. You can blame your predator for failing to turn prey-crushing into a vp, but you can only blame yourself when you get crushed by him.

Or to say it differently: you got crushed by a deck and it was a bad deck. You did not get crushed because it was a bad deck.

He told me he had one Fame in a 90 card deck and that was all the pool damage he could do besides bleed for one. I mean, I suppose it's possible that he was lying but that's very much beside the point.

Also, I didn't get crushed by him. Him crushing his prey meant that his grand prey had a free reign and took the table.

As an aside, I now see why Suoli didn't want to give a concrete example earlier as all of this is beside the point. My point is that I have seen very, very bad decks in tournaments and that skews the game in a random way. I mean, all the skill in the world and the best deck ever can be trumped randomly by a deck that isn't looking for VPs but merely for maximum mayhem.

I think I know what deck you are talking about if it was this year Ropecon. It had dragonbound and anarch revolts at least.

Last year's Ropecon. This year I didn't run into any horrid decks.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds