compress Honest Idea for fixing overly strong master cards!

Poll: AFTER READING THE WHOLE THING: What do you think? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
07 Aug 2011 04:04 #7505 by KevinM

Playing such a game where, say, everybody stealth bleeds doesn't require an ounce of skill or thought from anyone, and it resolves in a mechanical manner. The best player, in this case, needs to be the one who gets the best seat (or card drawing luck since in this case the decks are so similar), because everybody is playing a railroaded coinflip deck.

Another hugely ignorant misunderstanding of the game. You should have been at Origins this year to see your theory demolished in more than one final, so you'd be yanked screaming and kicking into the way that VTES really works.

I do hope that someday your blinders are removed so that your mind can become opened to the joy of complexity that is the infinite-theory CCG that we call VTES.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2011 04:34 #7510 by Juggernaut1981
I specifically play VTES because many of the other games out there appear to be elaborate Mexican standoffs or an overly complicated game of Russian Roulette.

I promise you, if VTES boiled down to "what order you sit" then I'd roll a d6, do something else for 2 hours and come back to roll a d6 again.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
07 Aug 2011 09:01 #7523 by Cyrus
Interesting. The argument is focused decks do well against a number of decks, while diversified decks do decently against all decks. Is it really such a big deal if said toolboxes only do decently against a wide variety of deck instead? No deck should ever be a sure fire way to win a game. Having a less offensive toolbox deck lose to a differentiated deck, ie. a deck which gain a lot of pool, doesn't seem so bad to me.

More
07 Aug 2011 09:32 #7525 by Klaital
The Girls deck is essentially a toolbox deck in itself...

More
07 Aug 2011 09:42 #7526 by Demnogonis Saastuttaja

Yeah, that's why the same players keep racking up win after win in the VTES Hall of Fame, because it's all due to seating and odd card draws.

Those players play so many tournaments that of course they get a lot of wins, and obviously they're good enough to build solid decks and play the game that follows seating.

Another hugely ignorant misunderstanding of the game. You should have been at Origins this year to see your theory demolished in more than one final, so you'd be yanked screaming and kicking into the way that VTES really works.

I do hope that someday your blinders are removed so that your mind can become opened to the joy of complexity that is the infinite-theory CCG that we call VTES.

Yeah, I think differently, it's a shallow game after all.

@ Cyrus : I'm not even sure if toolbox decks suck against bloat decks, it's not really a fact at this point. Could as well be that many of them haven't adjusted for the metagame. However the tournament metagame has changed for certain, and the sort of games we get now are so boring, whatever the reason.

:ANI: :AUS: :VIC:

More
07 Aug 2011 15:57 #7532 by Izaak
I don't understand why you keep completely ignoring the (valid) opinions of the people that have been playing this game for years at the highest level of competition available for VTES.

Are you REALLY suggesting that people like Hugh, Ben and Erik are ONLY win a lot of tournament games because they play a lot of tournaments? Let me tell you, I've had the privilege of playing against all three of them and their game is just a whole step ahead of yours. They play near flawless, are masters of deception and of course don't play with bad decks.

If VTES would be a complete crapshoot where the deck seating determined the outcome of the game, I can guarantee you there wouldn't have been hundreds (if not thousands) of dedicated players organizing and playing international tournaments of a dead game.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds