file I can translate ALL cards into Portuguese and Spanish for free

18 May 2018 22:23 #87161 by Lönkka

Yeah, we get that "English sounds cooler" thing in Finland too.

Which is totally silly!

I am guilty of that.. I just think that anything in Finnish is mundane and boring and reminds me of real life. But there is no problem as long as english cards are available.

I totally get that and am sometimes at least somewhat guilty of it myself.

BUT Finnish actually has plethora of beautiful and evocative words and sayings and a good translation is a work very enjoyable.

THEN AGAIN This game has so many arcane terms which are very hard to translate and if you leave bunch of stuff, such as disciplines etc, untranslated the end result is most likely just a horrible mishmash.

Luckily though vast majority of local players are very fluent in english so playing the game as is poses no problem. The idea for translation was just a curiosity. Especially as it might be extremely easily produceable.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
19 May 2018 09:40 #87168 by thelonius reloaded
I think this game has already the poorest and ugliest try to "sound italian" (Palla Grande, Luccia Pacciola, Guisseppe the gravedigger just to mention some).

other terms of the rpg, translated in italian will sound ugly or very funny (just think about the plural blood bond, "vincula". in italian sounds like something related to sodomy.

I don't think that the cards need to be translated. of course all lore, fluff and rulebook should be

Lurking in the underground of Bologna, Italy

More
28 May 2018 21:58 #87637 by ffiuza
The Brazilian community, before the s#|¥ blow up, rejoiced with the idea. Since there were players actually already translating it, I am working with them now.

We will keep original card titles as suggested. Once I am done, I'll start working on the Spanish version.

Carpe noctem, (I miss Jeff aka The Lasombra)

Felipe

More
29 May 2018 14:39 #87687 by Damnans

We will keep original card titles as suggested. Once I am done, I'll start working on the Spanish version.

I already have all the cards translated into Spanish except for the most recent VEKN expansions (the translation is not up-to-date with the current card text changes though).

www.vekn.net/images/stories/downloads/spanish/cardlist_esp.txt

We could work together on the Spanish translation of the cards that get green-lit for printing.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ffiuza

More
30 May 2018 06:10 #87717 by Ankha
Keep in mind that all the cards are being reworded, so you may need to redo the work.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: ffiuza

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds