check Impulse, The As Played Window and You...

21 Sep 2011 05:58 - 21 Sep 2011 06:12 #10667 by Pascal Bertrand
Enkil Cog / Madness Network etiquette

At least this one is simpler.
  1. During her minion phase, the Methuselah whose turn it is can declare actions (loop on 1) or pass (goto 2). She may not pass if she has pending mandatory actions.
  2. Prey gets the Impulse. If she has an Enkil Cog / Malkavian / Ankou, she may declare an action. After that action, go back to 1. Else, goto 3.
  3. Grand prey gets the impulse. If she has an Enkil Cog / Malkavian / Ankou, she may declare an action. After that action, go back to 1. Else, goto 4.
  4. Grand predator gets the impulse. If she has an Enkil Cog / Malkavian / Ankou, she may declare an action. After that action, go back to 1. Else, goto 5.
  5. Predator gets the impulse. If she has an Enkil Cog / Malkavian / Ankou, she may declare an action. After that action, go back to 1. Else, goto 6.
  6. Minion phase ends.

This means that, if the Methuselah whose turn it is passes, and if everyone else passes, the minion phase ends. Either do your actions when you can, or be very confident when you pass the impulse, with expectations that it'll come back.
Last edit: 21 Sep 2011 06:12 by Pascal Bertrand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2011 06:25 #10670 by Juggernaut1981
It may be worth editing this whole thread, or maybe creating some standing Stickies to these sorts of things in the Rules Thread (they can then become a reference point for people especially if they are in PLAIN English where possible... I'm sure it makes it easier to translate into other languages without getting too many crossed wires).

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
21 Sep 2011 06:42 - 21 Sep 2011 06:44 #10674 by Pascal Bertrand
That's something I'm considering.

However, I'm afraid plain English might be too wordy, when it comes to precisely describing things, with no omission.
The other possibility is that it would be confusing. The current statements in the rulebook / outline are sufficient. What I wrote above is explicit, but I didn't create anything. All these steps can be found in either the Rulebook or the Outline.
Last edit: 21 Sep 2011 06:44 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
21 Sep 2011 10:33 #10684 by Juggernaut1981
I think its the "If Then Else" type statements that bother me. It doesn't feel like English rules, it feels like Computer-Programmer. Maybe that's just me, but not all CCGers are "Gamers".

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
21 Sep 2011 11:08 - 21 Sep 2011 13:07 #10690 by Izaak
It may be worth just deleting the whole thread as the initial post is incorrect on both accounts.

Brum's and Pascal's rulings are of course correct, but when I came here to read this thread, which is obviously meant as a way to explain some of the more obscure and confusing rules to people, I was like "ummm... no?" I appreciate the effort, but don't make these threads if you are not 100% sure how it works. It took me 20 seconds to find the relevant rulings one Usenet.

That said, the "as announced" rule is actually pretty straighforward and shouldn't need any clarification.

1) You play a card. You replace it.
2) You announce the action and play any 'as announced' stuff along with it.

DI and stuff says "as it is played". Not as it is announced.

I don't see why this is so confusing for people. Especially with the majority of the action cards having multiple effects it seems pretty trivial playing the card is not the same as announcing the action.
Last edit: 21 Sep 2011 13:07 by Izaak.

More
21 Sep 2011 11:16 #10691 by Pascal Bertrand
Well, the tricky part is that "Govern the Unaligned" isn't an action. "Inferior Govern the Unaligned" or "Superior Govern the Unaligned on this vampire" are.
"Bum's Rush" isn't an action. "Bum's Rush that guy" is.
"Sudario Refraction" isn't an action, but "Sudario on Sudario, OtQV and Delaying Tactics" is.

Declaring terms is done before DI gets to be played. Hence, I suppose, the confusion of the OP.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds