file Caitiff, the Puzzling

18 Apr 2012 16:58 #28134 by Malcolm Sprye
OOF! I just thought of another complication caused by Caitiff being a communicable trait, as opposed to a clan:

If a Caitiff gains a clan somehow ( Revelation of the Sire, clan impersonation, derangement, etc), I assume they retain the "Caitiff" trait. I assume this, both because the cards say nothing about removing the Caitiff trait, and because many of those cards are removable, and thus the Caitiff will be a clanless caitiff if he burns them.

Further, any babies (s)he makes would then be Caitiff + X, for X = some clan. So you could, theoretically, end up with Al-Muntaquim eating clanned vampires. You could also end up with clanned vampires using revelation of the sire to change clans. :D It's all very silly, but hey.

OOH! Vidal Jarbeux can start the madness by emulating the Caitiff trait while he makes a baby. You get to have a brood of Toreador Caitiff then.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2012 17:16 #28135 by vtesocrates
Revelation of the Sire removes the Caitiff trait. I expect those other cards do obscure the Caitiff trait while they are in effect.

More
18 Apr 2012 17:35 #28136 by Malcolm Sprye
You are quite right about revelation.
Requires a ready non-sterile vampire who is not Caitiff. Put this card on a younger Caitiff. The vampire with this card is now considered to be a member of the same clan as the acting vampire. He or she is no longer considered Caitiff. His or her capacity increases by 1.

Given that Revelation specifically says it suppresses the Caitiff trait, I see no reason why the others would, any more than going anarch suppresses the Black Hand trait.

More
18 Apr 2012 18:30 #28137 by vtesocrates
The answer seems to be that Caitiff is a bit like a clan and a bit like a trait. It's a trait that takes the place of a clan. It's not found on the same part of the card as other traits.

I'm just spitballing here. Basically as far as the game is concerned, Caitiff IS a clan except for any effect that actually looks at clan. In those cases Caitiff is not a clan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KevinM

More
18 Apr 2012 20:44 #28138 by Juggernaut1981
Caitiff - A Clayton's Clan: The clan you have when you don't have a clan!

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
18 Apr 2012 20:48 #28139 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Caitiff, the Puzzling

Caitiff - A Clayton's Clan: The clan you have when you don't have a clan!

And are camarilla. If you have sabbat and clanless, you are Pander. Not that they are that different :p

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds