file Can I put Infernal Pact on Vidal Jarbeaux ?

03 Jan 2013 16:14 #43583 by Ohlmann
If I understand correctly, no you can't, because you still can't use Jarbeaux ability.

Since he does not play the infernal pact, he can't meet any part of the requirement with its cardtext.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2013 16:18 #43584 by Dr.Mafrune
Exactly. The wording of his text doesn´t specify to whom the playing ability applies, so to play refers to whichever can benefit from it, for example you as methuselah.

Is this an official errata?

:TEM::AUS::DEM:

More
03 Jan 2013 16:22 #43585 by Dr.Mafrune

Admitelly, for once the wording on Jarbeaux is really confusing, since it does not clearly state he must play the card to use his ability.

(caveat : maybe it's because I'm not a native english speaker)

Exactly. The wording of his text doesn´t specify to whom the playing ability applies, so to play refers to whichever can benefit from it, for example you as methuselah.

More
03 Jan 2013 16:27 - 03 Jan 2013 16:32 #43586 by Ankha

It's more a clarification than an errata since the text of Vidal isn't changed.

If there were to be an errata, it could be : "Vidal can meet the clan, sect, or non-infernal vampire trait (e.g., anarch) requirement for him to play any card. He can meet a given requirement only once each game. +1 bleed."

Or "If there were to be an errata, it could be : "Vidal can meet the clan, sect, or non-infernal vampire trait (e.g., anarch) requirement for him and you to play any card. He can meet a given requirement only once each game. +1 bleed."

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 03 Jan 2013 16:32 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr.Mafrune

More
03 Jan 2013 16:38 #43587 by Dr.Mafrune

Not that I'd be keen on making hilarious retarded decks but if you had Mata Hari in play to allow you to play Infernal Pact, and then play it on Videl, everything would be ok?

"Independent. Red List: Mata Hari has 2 votes (titled). You and she may play cards that require a sect and/or clan as if she were of that required sect and/or clan."

I wouldn´t dare to make the great mistake of underestimating a deck featuring Mata Hari and Vidal Jarbeaux the way you do.

More
07 Jan 2013 14:20 #43735 by Sérgio
The way I see it: Vidal cannot have the Pact played on him because he can only meet the requirements if he plays a card. Since a master is played by the Methuselah on Vidal, he cannot meet the requirements.

If he could get the Infernal Pact, then he would be able to use the discipline because the Pact allows him to do so, not his ability.

With Mata Hari in play, you can only play the Pact on her, because she is the only one that meets the requirements for the Pact (ergo, you can play Infernal Pact, because you control a vampire that meets the clan requirements, but you can only play it on her).

I think I got it all right, but we could use a O-ruling from Floppy.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds