file PB - Shadow Court Satyr & Reflex Cards

10 May 2013 11:04 #48352 by Reyda

I don't think Target Vitals helps with burning since its damage is not aggravated and inflicted after the normal damage of the strike.

It wouldn't inherit the aggravated status from DBR, but it's done at the same time as the rest of the damage. Successfully inflicted means the damage from the strike wasn't prevented. Then all the damage is handled, with TV bundled in.

I read that. But what if the damage from the gun is prevented (by, say, a superior Resilience) but not the agg damage from the dragon breath rounds ? Does the target vitals then should inherit the damage from dragon breath ? or is it completely ineffective since the original strike (2R damage from the gun) has been prevented ?

Sorry if I sound silly, I just want to be sure !

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2013 11:30 #48353 by jamesatzephyr
Starting with this bit:

or is it completely ineffective since the original strike (2R damage from the gun) has been prevented ?

TV cares about damage from "this strike". It doesn't matter whether the strike was just hands for 1, or whether it was made up of several elaborate card plays e.g. Reverend Blackwood (+1 on thaumaturgy strikes) plays Torn Signpost (somehow) and Blood Fury (strength-based Thaumaturgy strikes), or thirty copies of Increased Strength and a Thrown Gate. It's still just one strike. Any of the damage is damage from that strike.

(If the answer to "Would a Dodge protect me from it?" is yes, it's probably damage from the strike.)

I read that. But what if the damage from the gun is prevented (by, say, a superior Resilience) but not the agg damage from the dragon breath rounds ? Does the target vitals then should inherit the damage from dragon breath ?

It still only inherits the properties of the base damage, even though that base damage has been prevented.

[LSJ 20090708]

> Today's question is about the Aim cards (well, mainly Target Head and
> Target Vitals).
> We know they inflict the same kind of damage as the modified strike
> inflicts (aggravated, ranged, not preventable [by ...], ...).
> But what if the strike inflicts multiple kinds of damage?

Additional damage inherits all of the properties of the base damage.

> 3/ A modifies the strike playing a Target Vitals (which is not
> cancelled) and a Dragon's Breath Rounds (I think the order doesn't
> change anything here).
> This time, B has to deal with 1 regular and 2 agg damage.
> a - If the regular damage is not prevented, B will suffer an extra 2
> regular damage. Is this correct ?

Yes.
> b - if the regular damage is prevented, but at least 1 agg isn't, B
> will suffer an extra 2 agg damage. Is this correct ?

No. The extra damage only inherits the properties of the base damage.

More
10 May 2013 13:10 #48354 by jamesatzephyr

I imagine the question was whether the T:V was a separate source of damage to be
separately reduced by Nephandus's special.

He only answered on the fact that the Target Vitals damage comes from the strike (card text), so it counts as a single damaging effect for the Nephandus. That doesn't say anything about the timing.

Since it's the same source and it's still from "this strike" (card text), it's handled at the same time. There's nothing that makes damage from a strike resolve later or in bundles. After damage prevention finishing with some damage left, you add two additional damage to the strike, then handle (heal/burn to prevent destruction) the damage you've got.

Even if it was a separate source, you'd often handle it all at the same time anyway. e.g. Wolf Companion for 1 normal, plus Carrion Crows for 2 normal, plus my 1 agg hand damage. All handled in the same damage resolution phase.

More
10 May 2013 20:06 #48357 by Ankha
And anyway, the damage from TV doesn't need to be aggravated to help burning the opposing minion.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
10 May 2013 20:12 #48358 by Juggernaut1981
Thread derailed...

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
10 May 2013 20:39 #48359 by Molloy
on topic:

Reflex is a different card type than Combat. I don't think SCS can use a Reflex.

:hosk: :ani: :chi: :for: :nec: :AUS: :cap6: Sabbat. Animals, Wraiths and Zombies Molloy recruits or employs get an additional life.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds