file PB - Shadow Court Satyr & Reflex Cards

11 May 2013 21:42 #48393 by Molloy
There are Retainer cards that give +1 intercept. That doesn't mean that every card that gives +1 intercept should be a Retainer.

:hosk: :ani: :chi: :for: :nec: :AUS: :cap6: Sabbat. Animals, Wraiths and Zombies Molloy recruits or employs get an additional life.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2013 21:49 - 11 May 2013 21:51 #48394 by Molloy

@James:
Where is the difference between the Fae Contortion ability and the Charismatic Aura ability? Other than maybe its scope on strikes but those will be 'aimed' at the minion playing the Charismatic Aura so the argument of 'empowering me means it shouldn't be a Reflex' has been neutralised by cardtexts.

IANJ, but I believe you misunderstand him. Currently, every Grapple is played in combat on the opposing minion. In the current context, FC and CA are each playable, to the same effect. However, there could come to be Grapples that one plays in combat on oneself, in which case FC and CA would diverge, as CA would be useable and FC not. There could also come to be Grapples that are played on another minion outside of combat (as actions or reactions, for example); in that case, FC would be useable and CA not.

:hosk: :ani: :chi: :for: :nec: :AUS: :cap6: Sabbat. Animals, Wraiths and Zombies Molloy recruits or employs get an additional life.
Last edit: 11 May 2013 21:51 by Molloy. Reason: clarity

More
12 May 2013 05:20 - 12 May 2013 05:22 #48403 by jamesatzephyr

@James:
Where is the difference between the Fae Contortion ability and the Charismatic Aura ability?

Card text. One says one thing, one says another.

Other than maybe its scope on strikes but those will be 'aimed' at the minion playing the Charismatic Aura so the argument of 'empowering me means it shouldn't be a Reflex' has been neutralised by cardtexts.

As far as I can tell, your argument is "Another card says something different, so this card should say something different too" which is weird. Different cards are allowed to function differently!

Does the presence of Bliss (combat/reaction "Cancel a frenzy card as it is played. Usable by a vampire not involved in the current combat, if any.") mean that all Reflex cards should be re-written to work like Bliss? I demand that it does. Let us march on the V:EKN Inner Circle demanding our right to change cards because they have different card text! By the time we are finished, all cards will say the same thing! Call your local politicians! Make a petition! End discriminatory card text now!
Last edit: 12 May 2013 05:22 by jamesatzephyr.

More
12 May 2013 05:40 #48404 by Juggernaut1981
Actually my argument is:

Is the additional "cancel a strike" text of Charismatic enough to ensure that it should NOT be a reflex card? If that is enough, why is it enough?

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
12 May 2013 06:00 #48405 by jamesatzephyr

Actually my argument is:

Is the additional "cancel a strike" text of Charismatic enough to ensure that it should NOT be a reflex card? If that is enough, why is it enough?

Who on earth needs to ensure that a card should not be a reflex card? What is that even about? Is there some secretive government agency who'll come and lock cards up if they're in danger of accidentally becoming something else? Will the world end if a card that might or might not be implementable as a reflex card is implemented in a different way? The card works just fine as it is.

More
12 May 2013 13:04 #48416 by ReverendRevolver

Actually my argument is:

Who on earth needs to ensure that a card should not be a reflex card? What is that even about? Is there some secretive government agency who'll come and lock cards up if they're in danger of accidentally becoming something else? Will the world end if a card that might or might not be implementable as a reflex card is implemented in a different way? The card works just fine as it is.

Reflex cards cancel frenzy as is, so CA canceling a strike or frapple or whatever is it only canceling a combat card, regardless. There are no strikes that are reaxtions or grapplez that are masters, for blatantly obvious reasons.
Without checking secret library, there are actions, masters, combat cards and i think modifiers(cant remember if dc:throat is played on blocker or acting) that are frenzy cads, and can therefore be ztopped with reflexive abombwe regarless of if in combat or if an attempt at frenzy is made with master or action or odifier cards. CA will only cancel stuff in combat, it has the combat symbol, there is no reason to change the logo(the secret agency can ignore it)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds