file PB - Shadow Court Satyr & Reflex Cards

12 May 2013 22:30 #48442 by Juggernaut1981
So my point is...

Why is Fae Contortion's Mytheceria Reflex "Cancel a grapple"?

I understand if Reflexes in general cancel cards when do not "belong" in the phase of play (i.e. Playing a combat card during Action-Declaration or Attempting Blocks) and the reverse where they cancel cards that are generally not-playable in the phase (i.e. Rotschreck is a Master played during combat).

However, Fae Contortion has a combat effect, usable during combat on a combat card. Seems that either other "cancel XYZ as played" should become Reflexes (either in future designs OR retroactively on older cards) OR Fae Contortion's Reflex ability should really just be a Combat ability.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2013 06:50 #48449 by kombainas
Perhaps to make it immune to some combat card effect canceling mechanism? Reflex is not a combat card effect...

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
13 May 2013 09:05 #48457 by jamesatzephyr

Seems that either other "cancel XYZ as played" should become Reflexes (either in future designs OR retroactively on older cards)

Because yeah, changing swathes of card text for no benefit is just super. The cards work fine as they are, either way. Why the soul-consuming need to rewrite their card text? Why do players need to remember totally unnecessary errata?

The fact that POD is (hopefully) coming is not a reason to rewrite every card in the game to satisfy your obsessive-compulsive disorder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ohlmann, Soonerborn

More
16 May 2013 09:48 #48570 by Pascal Bertrand

on topic:

Reflex is a different card type than Combat. I don't think SCS can use a Reflex.

Oh, that's right. I just blithely assumed that since it's a combat card, and the reflex level uses an inferior discipline, and can be played in combat, then...

But no.

[LSJ 20060317]

> Can a Shadow Court Satyr with an Abombwe combat
> card (such as Invoking the Beast) put on him use the
> Reflex effect of the card?
Shadow Court Satyr can only use the combat-card effect.

Correct. Shadow-Court Satyr can't use a Reflex effect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

More
16 May 2013 15:54 #48589 by ReverendRevolver
Vaguely related,
Ken Meyer jr may be offering signed proofs of ScS and some Abomwe cards in the box of stuff hes getting rid of. Just though id mention it on this thread since he did satyr and some abombwe cards ( other than the master, i dont recall which abo cards though...)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds