file PB - Shadow Court Satyr & Reflex Cards

10 May 2013 07:23 - 10 May 2013 07:23 #48346 by Ankha

Then again, all thoses card are not earth meld, thus are illegal to play on a shadow court satyr.

More seriously, it make me want to do a SCS + Taking the Skin: Minion deck. With Sebastian Goulet and Song of Pan. Because, even if it's hard as hell to actually burn minion, especially with a disciplineless ally, it may be worth it for the look on your opponent.

Concealed Weapon/ Saturday Night Special / Dragonbreath Rounds / Target Vitals! :)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 10 May 2013 07:23 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2013 08:00 - 10 May 2013 08:01 #48347 by Boris The Blade
I don't think Target Vitals helps with burning since its damage is not aggravated and inflicted after the normal damage of the strike.

On topic: is there anything special about Reflex cards, or can I put a Swallowed by the Night on the satyr and use the +1 stealth?
Last edit: 10 May 2013 08:01 by Boris The Blade.

More
10 May 2013 08:02 #48348 by jamesatzephyr

Then again, all thoses card are not earth meld, thus are illegal to play on a shadow court satyr.

He'd get the card, then untap, then I think the rest of the benefits are derived from the card being in play - "this vampire" being "the vampire with this card".

If they're derived from the card being in play, the card no longer sees SCS as a vampire.

More
10 May 2013 08:07 #48349 by Pendargon

I don't think Target Vitals helps with burning since its damage is not aggravated and inflicted after the normal damage of the strike.

On topic: is there anything special about Reflex cards, or can I put a Swallowed by the Night on the satyr and use the +1 stealth?

TV damage is same as source damage, IIRC

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
10 May 2013 08:16 - 10 May 2013 08:17 #48350 by jamesatzephyr

It wouldn't inherit the aggravated status from DBR, but it's done at the same time as the rest of the damage. Successfully inflicted means the damage from the strike wasn't prevented. Then all the damage is handled, with TV bundled in.

[LSJ 20091123]

floppyzedolfin wrote:
> Hi,
> A Nephandus with 3 life is in combat with a vampire with a .44 Magnum.
> The vampire's strike is to use the Magnum, and he modifies it with an
> uncancelled Target Vitals. Nephandus strikes for 1R.
> There is no prevention card played, does the Nephandus burn?

.44: 2R.
After Nephandus: 1R.
After T:V: 3R.

SCS's card text restricts him to using the effect "Once each combat", and you can't use an action modifier in combat. Nor can you play stealth in combat. So it would be a bit useless.
Last edit: 10 May 2013 08:17 by jamesatzephyr.

More
10 May 2013 08:16 - 10 May 2013 11:22 #48351 by Boris The Blade

TV damage is same as source damage, IIRC

And in that case, the base damage is the non aggravated damage from the gun, not the aggravated damage from the DBR.

It wouldn't inherit the aggravated status from DBR, but it's done at the same time as the rest of the damage. Successfully inflicted means the damage from the strike wasn't prevented. Then all the damage is handled, with TV bundled in.

I don't think you can deduce that from the Nephandus ruling. Later in the same thread, LSJ explained:

I imagine the question was whether the T:V was a separate source of damage to be
separately reduced by Nephandus's special.

He only answered on the fact that the Target Vitals damage comes from the strike (card text), so it counts as a single damaging effect for the Nephandus. That doesn't say anything about the timing.
Last edit: 10 May 2013 11:22 by Boris The Blade.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds