file Marthe Dizier and retimed Psyche!

13 May 2015 22:08 - 13 May 2015 22:10 #71087 by TwoRazorReign

But combat cards can only be played in combat. So your definitive "Combat Ends Right Now" bit of text would actually prevent telepathic tracking from being played.

I think the ruling that combat cards must be played in combat and the tweak to when Psyche is played resolved most of these issues. It's much clearer now that it was.

No cards are being played out of combat if you are following the sequencing rules outlined in the rulebook (see the fourth sentence in the paragraph below). And I agree that how Psyche! actually works now is much cleaner than it used to be. My quibble is with how the text on Psyche is stated, and how the interaction between Psyche! and Telepathic Tracking does not follow the rules outlined in the rulebook.

Sequencing. If two or more players want to play a card or effect, the acting Methuselah plays first. At every stage, the acting player always has the opportunity to play the next card or effect. So after playing one effect, she may play another and another. Once she is finished, the opportunity passes to the defending Methuselah (in the cases of directed actions and combat), then to the rest of the Methuselahs in clockwise order from the acting Methuselah. Note that if any Methuselah uses a card or effect, the acting Methuselah again gets the opportunity to play the next effect.
Last edit: 13 May 2015 22:10 by TwoRazorReign.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 May 2015 10:40 #71222 by Juggernaut1981

I do take exception to the thought that cards which say playable at the end of a round being played in anything other than step E (which happen in any and every combat round). And I think the new Psyche! could be worded in a fashion which more accurate describes the intended sequence of events

I agree. The CRR is meant to clarify the spartan rules in the Rulebook and around combat they don't always explicitly address things or at least have ambiguities which can cause chaos.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds