file Flesh of Marble and aggravated damage

03 Oct 2019 12:12 #97224 by Mewcat
U lunch for 3. I dont prevent. I suffer 3 now.

I have flesh of marble. U punch 3. I dont prevent. I suffer 3. We travel back in time to prevention and prevent 2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2019 23:27 #97230 by Boris The Blade
No travel back in time, because if that was the case, it would re-open a window to play effects. "Prevent phase" is just a generic name for the phase between computing the amount of damage and actually taking it. Non-prevent effects can be played in that phase, and there is nothing saying that a prevent effect has to happen in that phase, especially if it comes with its own trigger like Flesh of Marble.

More
04 Oct 2019 00:52 #97231 by Mewcat
From rulebook

Damage resolution has two steps: prevent damage and heal damage.

First, the minion taking damage can play damage prevention cards (such as the combat card Skin of Rock) if he is able to do so. These damage prevention cards are played one at a time until all the damage is prevented or until the minion chooses not to play any more.

Any remaining damage (damage that was not prevented) is successfully inflicted.

I know the game not working like the rules say is nothing new, but that's what it says.

More
04 Oct 2019 07:29 #97232 by Tadori

I have flesh of marble. U punch 3. I dont prevent. I suffer 3. We travel back in time to prevention and prevent 2.

If you read V:TES Complete Rules Reference VII A:
"Resolve each point of damage in turn.
NOTE: Normal damage is resolved before aggravated damage."

So acc. to this every single point of DMG is a separate trigger. You are treating 3 DMG as 1.
But acc. to this rules you separate them to 3 trigger of 1 DMG. In this case every single point will go through prevention and heal step of Damage resolution segment.

More
04 Oct 2019 09:47 - 04 Oct 2019 09:54 #97235 by Mewcat
Didn't the rules director say that wasn't officially supported?

P.S. from ahnka

I'd like to point out that the Detailed Play Summary has never been exhaustive (and will never be), and that it is not a reference document (I do not, and don't want to, endorse it). It is provided as a courtesy. If it creates more trouble than it solves, I will delete it.
Last edit: 04 Oct 2019 09:54 by Mewcat.

More
04 Oct 2019 12:22 - 04 Oct 2019 12:28 #97236 by Bloodartist

No. You don't travel back in time. Damage WOULD be inflicted; you choose which point of damage you take, flesh prevents the rest. What is difficult? There is little difference to other damage prevention cards.

Just like with other damage prevention cards you choose which damage you prevent, since damage is inflicted at same time during strike resolution (sans first strike). Bats + crows, play diversion, prevent 1 damage from strike, 1 from crows, 1 damage from crows goes through. You are making this sound more complicated than it is.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 04 Oct 2019 12:28 by Bloodartist.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds