file Cause and Effect - 01

17 Oct 2011 14:26 #12151 by Dorrinal
Replied by Dorrinal on topic Re: Cause and Effect - 01
Re: Stickmen vs. Carna

Stickmen have a better crypt for :DOM: which means they can get more use out of superior Deflection. Last time I played a Tremere grinder I dropped all Deflections entirely in favor of :AUS: bounce. It also means that I had to run Mirror Walk instead of Bonding for the oust, but it works out.

Tremere have always folded to :ANI: so you have to specifically build in defenses to it (Movement of the Mind, various equipment, etc.) Otherwise :THA: combat is about as good as :FOR: w/Sticks -- while Stickmen has better answers to :ANI:, Theft of Vitae completely bypasses damage prevention.

Magic of the Smith makes all the difference. Not just to get the right piece of equipment to counter the combat you will face, but for Heart of Nizchetus. When you have such a balance of combat, masters and reactions, it is crucial to get the right cards in your hand.

Overall I give the advantage to :trem: but I'm biased -- work out the answer on your own. :)

:trem:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2011 15:16 #12154 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: Cause and Effect - 01

Re: Stickmen vs. Carna
[...]
Overall I give the advantage to :trem: but I'm biased -- work out the answer on your own. :)

Do you know what the pic I use in the forum is?
Its what you hip kids know these days as :vent: .

Ask your boss Etrius. He remembers. B)

So no, I'm not biased, because being right is not biased. :laugh:

Kidding...

More
17 Oct 2011 16:17 #12158 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Cause and Effect - 01

Movement of the Mind is an awesome card.

It is? 6 TWD with it. 45 with Apportation. Just statistics, but anyway :)

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
17 Oct 2011 16:30 #12159 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Cause and Effect - 01

Movement of the Mind is an awesome card.

It is? 6 TWD with it. 45 with Apportation. Just statistics, but anyway :)

Generally, there is no reason to press to continue with tremere, while you often want to press to end. Second round combat just sucks, really. One of the main reasons why Apportations are used more often is likely simply availability, as Movement of the Mind was only ever printed in Jyhad an V:tES.

More
17 Oct 2011 17:30 #12162 by Dorrinal
Replied by Dorrinal on topic Re: Cause and Effect - 01
In my experience, trying to play second-round combat sucks. But it is a vaulable threat; playing Apportation and 1-3 Walk of Flame will make a lot of people think twice about pressing to continue. A deck with damage prevention would press to continue, but then again you could play another Theft of Vitae. An animalism deck would hesitate before pressing to continue if it means both minions go to torpor (Stick probably, Nana not so much). And sometimes, an opportunity will present itself where you can press to continue with and make the Walk of Flame stick.

:trem:

More
17 Oct 2011 17:43 #12164 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Cause and Effect - 01

Generally, there is no reason to press to continue with tremere...

Eh? Walk of Flame are used in 28 TWD. I agree with Dorrinal, although I always like that second Theft better than the Walk :)

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds