file Played some VTES with Paradox

28 Jan 2016 16:55 #75268 by Lönkka
Russian fatalism?

Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
28 Jan 2016 17:58 - 28 Jan 2016 22:51 #75269 by Zombieking

I don't think anybody, other than the members of this forum, will be interested in such endeavor.

lol, unless you're a part of this forum then you probably dont know that VTES is still a thing!
However, with a bit of relevant social media exposure i think there would be a lot of renewed interest in the game.

I am friends with the Chief Editor of By Night Studios. They are the ones that have rebooted Vampire: the Masquerade / Minds Eye Theater. Granted, I know they are very busy publishing books and revamping the old content but, I could reach out to By Night Studios and see if they would be interested in taking on VTES. Only setback there is that they are a U.S. based company.

I just looked up By Night Studios - they brought Vampire back to life with $239,995 of crowdfunding. AND they have an active kickstarter for Werewolf which currently is sitting at $69,050 of funding.

WOD definitely still has fans out there - those figures cannot be ignored - there is an inherent crossover interest with tabletop // Larp // cardgames using the same mythos.

I think trying to get ByNightStudios + Paradox + VEKN chatting to each other be a step in the right direction :)
Last edit: 28 Jan 2016 22:51 by Zombieking.

More
29 Jan 2016 04:34 #75275 by brettscho
You should also check out Onyx Path Publishing - they've raised a LOT more money than that for a number of different RPG projects including 20th anniversary editions of old WoD games, and 2nd editions of new WoD games. There is certainly interest out there for White Wolf, and I assume that these numbers helped convince Paradox to purchase them.

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:

More
29 Jan 2016 10:27 #75276 by BenPeal
The tricky part with Onyx Path Publishing and By Night Studios is they both use DriveThruRPG.com (aka OneBookShelf.com) for printing and order fulfillment. If they wanted to do a card game, they'd certainly be inclined to use DriveThruCards.com, only to find out that OBS doesn't want to do V:TES for fear of harming OBS's relationship with Wizards. There are other printers and print-on-demand card services out there, so perhaps something could still be worked out.

As for the possibility of a lawsuit from Wizards, I wonder to what extent we could crowdfund the legal fees to help defend a possible publisher. Maybe that could be something to ease a publisher's concerns. It's awkward, as it would be money that could otherwise be spent purchasing V:TES cards. But if no lawsuit happens, then yay, more V:TES cards get purchased.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
29 Jan 2016 12:41 #75277 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Played some VTES with Paradox

lol, unless you're a part of this forum then you probably dont know that VTES is still a thing!

This is highly untrue. Of the people I know that play VTES, I´d say maybe 10-20 percent frequent this forum.

I think trying to get ByNightStudios + Paradox + VEKN chatting to each other be a step in the right direction :)

Sure. Everybody that are going to use the new metaplot need to be in some kind of communication, including the VEKN if we still are going to do pdf-sets until someone prints the game again.

But as Ben say, By Night and Onyx Path are involved with DriveThru/OBS. And none of them currently produce card games (By Night even states "We are a New Orleans-based company with a singular mission: to usher in a renaissance for the World of Darkness Mind’s Eye Theatre experience"). So I think we need a new actor here. Ideas anyone?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zombieking

More
29 Jan 2016 14:25 #75278 by BenPeal

So I think we need a new actor here. Ideas anyone?

I just sent an email to Stephen Buonocore, owner of Stronghold Games, asking if he'd be interested. He was one of the more prominent V:TES tournament organizers in the US many moons ago. Maybe he's up for it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Ashur, self biased, Zombieking

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds