file Played some VTES with Paradox

22 Jan 2016 21:23 #75190 by Zombieking
ah this is super interesting that Paradox took an interest and dipped into the game for a taster.

dont suppose there's any info or gossip drifting around about whether they're considering making it an active property again?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2016 22:19 #75191 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Played some VTES with Paradox

dont suppose there's any info or gossip drifting around about whether they're considering making it an active property again?

Paradox has stated several times that they are listening if anyone wants to pick up the license. To my knowledge nobody as contacted them yet.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
23 Jan 2016 17:25 #75200 by Lönkka
Perhaps the PoD idea with OneBookself.com should be presented to them?

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
23 Jan 2016 18:28 #75201 by Ashur

From what I have heard, Onebookshelf backed out of that thing, but I am not 100 % sure. Maybe someone (VEKN?) can convince them to get back? Or otherwise convince someone else. Time is of essence here, we are losing players.

More
23 Jan 2016 18:33 #75202 by BenPeal

I already spoke with Steve Wieck of OBS about it back in...I think it was early December, but I'd have to check my emails. The trouble for OBS with respect to V:TES is that OBS presently has a very significant arrangement with Wizards to publish D&D, including all of the new open license material offered by Wizards.

Even though at this point Wizards doesn't have any real claim on V:TES, apart from (probably) icons, card backs, and perhaps old layouts/backgrounds, there's still the non-zero chance that Wizards would sue anyway. Yeah, Wizards would very likely lose that suit, but it would cost a publisher a fair amount in legal fees. So, from the perspective of ANY possible publisher, they'd have to be willing to take on that legal risk.

The stakes are higher for OBS, because they don't want to hurt their relationship with Wizards. They have a great deal going with them and I completely understand that they don't want to jeopardize it. The business twists and turns keep giving me aneurysms, but I respect Steve's concerns.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Ashur, brettscho

More
24 Jan 2016 08:30 #75204 by Ashur
Yes, I understand OBS. So preferably someone else (themself or maybe assisted by VEKN) would have to take that icon/cardback-discussion with WotC before getting into VTES-printing. Anyone know anyone who are interested? Of course a crowdfunding would go excellent, just put some chase-cards in it :) Contact VEKN and/or directly!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds