file Played some VTES with Paradox

29 Jan 2016 14:30 #75279 by elotar

So I think we need a new actor here. Ideas anyone?

So I will say in plain text there.

Here is relevant example kickstarter:
www.kickstarter.com/projects/2113976333/shadowfist-year-of-the-goat/description

Their goal was $40k to produce 6 starter set and, as I understand everything was succesfull (55 cards in each ~$10 starter, thow).

We got ~2000 members in this new forum (so they are all active minus bots), and as was told much more (*10) players, who are not using it. So it's like $2 per average player costs.

We got artists, design and playtest teams, as well as motivated representatives with organizational experience (princes) all around the world.

We don't need any "professional company" to return our game to print.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2016 14:58 #75280 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Played some VTES with Paradox

Well, you are right, but a) Someone has to actually run the project, and b) If we want the game to get "normal" distribution (reaching game stores), it would be great if a professional company did it.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
29 Jan 2016 15:29 #75281 by Thin_Blood
Sorry for the delay guys. Was slammed with work over the past couple of days. I did just send out an email to BNS to see if they are interested. I'll keep everyone posted as to the the response.

on another note: How about AEG (Alderac)? They just successfully rebooted the Doomtown card game not that long ago. I don't know anyone at AEG but perhaps one of you guys do?

“I don’t have cross table buddies. I have a prey I haven’t gotten around to yet.” — Shockwave (English VtES Player).

More
29 Jan 2016 15:31 #75282 by self biased

except we want to have a positive relationship with the people who own the intellectual properties that we would be using. Going out and circumventing them in printing the game.., I believe the technical term is "a dick move." Even if you print it and have the company based in Russia, and Hasbro sues, no retailer where Hasbro has some kind of reach will sell your product.

More
29 Jan 2016 15:41 #75283 by BenPeal

So I will say in plain text there.

Here is relevant example kickstarter:
www.kickstarter.com/projects/2113976333/shadowfist-year-of-the-goat/description

Their goal was $40k to produce 6 starter set and, as I understand everything was succesfull (55 cards in each ~$10 starter, thow).

We got ~2000 members in this new forum (so they are all active minus bots), and as was told much more (*10) players, who are not using it. So it's like $2 per average player costs.

We got artists, design and playtest teams, as well as motivated representatives with organizational experience (princes) all around the world.

That Kickstarter was run by the owners of Shadowfist, Inner Kingdom Games:

innerkingdomgames.com/

They own the property, they ran the Kickstarter, they printed the cards.

That is very different from the situation with V:TES.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
01 Feb 2016 14:38 - 01 Feb 2016 14:40 #75300 by elotar

They own the property, they ran the Kickstarter, they printed the cards.
That is very different from the situation with V:TES.

There are absolutely no difference - If Hasbro decided to sue IKG on the basis that they own patent on Trading Card Games, or right to print cards with squire pictures or generraly any other imaginary reason than they'll be as scruwed as we are - legal and other costs will be unberable even if the case is clearly winnable.

But I'm sure that if Hasbro are not interested even in discussing the question, than they will obviously not bother to do anything, espessialy if we remove all elements connecting the game to them (icons, layout, card backs, name ets).

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
Last edit: 01 Feb 2016 14:40 by elotar.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds