file On Giant's Blood 4. "problematic card"

16 Nov 2011 15:19 #14562 by Joscha
This is the fourth thread of the discussions about cards some people see as problematic.

As this is a collection of arguments for keeping the card as it is (PRO card) or changing it in whatever way (CONTRA card).

It would be most useful, if you could write above your entry, if your arguments are PRO or CONTRA the card as it is to attain best clarity of what speaks in favor of the card and what does not.

After 7 days of discussion I will initialize a poll about that specific card, in which the alternatives can be found.

Giant's Blood
Cardtype: Master
Master.
Fill a vampire to full capacity with blood from the blood bank. Only one Giant's Blood can be played in a game.

PRO

I'm okay with that card. I'd keep it that way. The main problem is the combo with Villein and its trifleness. But that is the problem of Villein IMO.

Baron of Frankfurt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2011 15:33 #14569 by acbishop
PRO

no problem with this card as it is now, before it was nasty to do Minion Tap of 8 with Anson and Giant's blood after.

:vtes:

More
16 Nov 2011 16:16 #14584 by Pendargon
PRO

Card has been around for ages, and it is not like everybody can play it. once that first is played, rest are dead weight.

I see no problem. Real problem lies in synergy with Villein, but that is Villein problem, not GB.

Funny how nobody complained about GB BEFORE villein...

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

More
16 Nov 2011 16:33 #14592 by Aeschere
PRO

Old school card, nothing wrong with it. No need to change.

More
16 Nov 2011 18:22 - 16 Nov 2011 19:18 #14605 by Lech
CONTRA

It's awful design to begin with. Reduce it to gain 3 blood and it's fine. Only usable on ready vampire ?

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 16 Nov 2011 19:18 by Lech.

More
16 Nov 2011 18:39 #14610 by brandonsantacruz
PRO
It has been around forever, is once per game and is mainly a benefit to large vampires, which need help anyway. It is also nice that you can use it cross-table. If your problem is with pool gain, then you are after the wrong card.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981, Kraus

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds