exclamation-circle Reversal of Fortunes

08 Dec 2011 17:12 #17686 by Hakuron
Replied by Hakuron on topic Re: Reversal of Fortunes
As Isak pointed out during his lecture in Warsaw: Players should be allowed to try out and play all kinds of decks. This includes decks that denies "being part of the game" to other players. Of course, "fun" is almost always defined by other measures ... :whistle:

:tore:

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2011 17:36 #17688 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: Reversal of Fortunes
Dark Influences? But yes, those decks can be a real horror for the table AND doesn't win often. I sat on a table with a RoF-deck once (played by Pascal Bertrand in Palma on day 2) once. It was okay, because talking to David Tatu and the rest of the table was a real pleasure, even though we both had not that much playing time. It was kind of interesting to see how Pascal was struggling to get the thing working :) . In the end the table had too many rounds to build up and he lost vote lock and was ousted by his predator. The table timed out. So my experience wasn't that bad. But I wouldn't be too amused if I had to wait for an hour until I can do anything, so I can imagine how you felt. The thing is, those decks are legal. This is VtES too.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
08 Dec 2011 18:53 #17706 by Marcus Vitel

You have never seen Una deck, have you? :-D

I had beaten Una deck 3 times. Once with an intercept/combat deck, once with a rush deck, once with a powerbleed and Pentex. I agree, once it starts, if nobody blocks or DI, Una can last for 30-45 mins.
The problem with weenie Malkavians, the deck starts very quickly, and completely locks the game. Recently, this deck managed to enter the final of French Championship. It got stopped by a sudden on madness network, and a delay, I think.

More
08 Dec 2011 19:41 #17722 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Reversal of Fortunes

You have never seen Una deck, have you? :-D

I had beaten Una deck 3 times. Once with an intercept/combat deck, once with a rush deck, once with a powerbleed and Pentex. I agree, once it starts, if nobody blocks or DI, Una can last for 30-45 mins.
The problem with weenie Malkavians, the deck starts very quickly, and completely locks the game. Recently, this deck managed to enter the final of French Championship. It got stopped by a sudden on madness network, and a delay, I think.

... resulting in the victory of its predator. I had the opportunity to play DI on that Delaying Tactics, the Reversal of Fortune deck wanted to deal but it would have led to nowhere (he was my grand-predator and that kind of deck can only deal with its prey or predator). So he just get ousted and the whole table was imbalanced.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
11 Dec 2011 03:38 #17993 by echiang
Replied by echiang on topic Re: Reversal of Fortunes
First off, the deck relies on Madness Network. It can easily be Suddened, or burned as a simple action. If this is a RoF vote deck, it's probably going to have trouble defending the Madness Network (or surviving combat if they do block).

Secondly, it relies on passing Reversal of Fortunes. Weenie Malks aren't really known for having lots of votes. So if anyone else is playing political decks, they can discard vote cards. An early titled vampire could easily shut down hopes of passing RoF as well.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
14 Dec 2011 16:31 #18396 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Re: Reversal of Fortunes

Secondly, it relies on passing Reversal of Fortunes. Weenie Malks aren't really known for having lots of votes. So if anyone else is playing political decks, they can discard vote cards. An early titled vampire could easily shut down hopes of passing RoF as well.

They're not known for having lots of votes, but they're one of the better weenie voting clans. The combination of Malk Justicar/Cryptic Rider and Malkavian Rider Clause means that they're pretty good at being able to pass votes unexpectedly.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds