lock BEST CARD EVER - GIANTS BLOOD

28 Aug 2012 10:38 #35454 by Izaak
Giant's Blood is ridiculously good.

It was quite playable before Villein, after Villein it's almost a must-include if only -as Ashur pointed out- to prevent someone else from getting a free 10-cap.
The topic has been locked.
More
28 Aug 2012 10:52 #35460 by Ohlmann

Giant's Blood is ridiculously good.

You stretch the definition of ridiculously good.

One time out of ten game, it will be extremely good. THe other nine game, another one will have played it first, or you will have played to gain 2-4 blood to make sure nobody beat you to it.

In any case, one thing you will surely agree upon is that you can't base strategy upon Giant Blood. You put it into your deck because it's almost alway a good thing to have, but it's not strategy-defining like Govern can be, or even a solid support like bleed redirection or Freak Drive. It's the lottery card that give you a solid advantage one game out of ten.
More
28 Aug 2012 11:03 #35461 by Klaital
This seriously looks like a troll topic to me...
The following user(s) said Thank You: mirddes
More
28 Aug 2012 11:23 #35464 by Pascal Bertrand

anyone care to politely disagree?

I kindly disagree.

I hope that was polite enough :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: acbishop, mirddes
More
28 Aug 2012 12:45 - 28 Aug 2012 12:45 #35465 by Izaak

You stretch the definition of ridiculously good.

That depends on your definition of ridiculously good. Or even good. It fits mine just fine, but then again I´m all for banning it because of the stupid lottery aspect.

The problem with Giant's Blood is that it's not a concious deck construction decision whether or not you play it. You play it by default unless you specifically decide not to. And even then, your deck probably would be better with a copy in there.
Last edit: 28 Aug 2012 12:45 by Izaak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech, Ohlmann
More
28 Aug 2012 12:55 #35466 by Ohlmann

I´m all for banning it because of the stupid lottery aspect.

The problem with Giant's Blood is that it's not a concious deck construction decision whether or not you play it. You play it by default unless you specifically decide not to. And even then, your deck probably would be better with a copy in there.

I agree wholeheartedly with the lottery aspect and the fact it's not a conscious deck construction decision. It take only one slot, it's almost alway worth the master action, and you will almost never choke on it.

Where I beg to differ is that it is very good. Is a deck changed by removing the giant blood from it ? usually not. It will be a bit less good and won't have a chance to suddenly gain lot of blood, but it will still be playable and keep the same ability to gain victory point.

I am personnaly against the ban, but only because ban or errata are for disruptive card. I don't think the effect of Giant Blood is powerful enough to warrant such a drastic mesure.
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds