file About deals and withdrawing

26 Jan 2013 09:27 #44442 by KevinM

Always remember who dealbroke, and make them pay, that way less people will dealbreak you.

NIT: This is illegal if done in any game other than the one in which the deal was broken.

No it ain't.

Lying douchebag A : " Why you are rushing me crosstable with your first action"
Me : (silence) " anything before range?"
Lying douchebag A : " Juuuudge!!! whinewhinewhien"
Judde (takes me away, asks in confidence) : "Why are you rushing him crosstable with your first action?"
Me : "I strongly and utmostly and unshakeably believe that i will most easily achieve my game win if he dies first on this table."
Judge : " Ok, carry on."

Oh, you're correct. I forgot that some players are just fucking idiots.

I withdraw my former statement. Get back at me in another game all you like. Enjoy losing.
:)

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2013 10:29 #44444 by Pendargon
yes, some players are just fucking idiots, like you are kevin

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
26 Jan 2013 16:42 #44454 by Reyda
Well... That escalated quickly.

Is it possible to talk about deals, in a friendly way ?

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

More
26 Jan 2013 19:26 - 26 Jan 2013 19:30 #44461 by Suoli

Well... That escalated quickly.

Is it possible to talk about deals, in a friendly way ?

This should tell you that many players strongly feel that, at it's heart, V:TES is a game of table politics. Not because it gets them cheap wins but because it's fun, intriguing and adds an exponential layer of depth to the game.

A player with a "prey-is-to-the-left" mentality only has to interact with the players next to him. A table politician, on the other hand, has to not only interact with every player at the table but recognize who and how those players are or should be interacting with each other as well.

I feel doing well in this area is the defining feature of a good tournament player, as it can even the odds against getting randomly screwed by table seating or, conversely, deal with table hate when you're clearly in the strongest position. If this element was removed, games would probably be dictated less by players and more by seating and deck strength than they are now.

Of course, many players hold the opposite view and I have nothing but respect for them. If someone doesn't want to negotiate, fine, that doesn't take anything away from me. I would only ask that they acknowledge table politics as a valid and, at least to some, enjoyable way to play the game.

I'd even encourage trying it themselves to see what they're missing out on. If they still don't like it, discuss the issue with the playgroup and try to find some sort of compromise. For example, I would object to legislating crosstable dealing out of the game but have no strong feelings one way or the other about withdrawing.
Last edit: 26 Jan 2013 19:30 by Suoli.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankha

More
27 Jan 2013 11:05 #44474 by KevinM

yes, some players are just fucking idiots, like you are kevin

The example was a player who chooses to use his first action to go cross-table to get revenge on someone from a prior game, instead of going against his prey or predator and advancing his game. Generally, these players lose badly, because they're playing badly, because they aren't playing the game, they're playing some other game. And in losing in that way, losing by playing "I'm a poor sport" instead of playing "V:TES", they are acting like idiots.

I'll not hurl personal insults upon you and instead ask you to advance the discussion, if you wish: Do you disagree with what I have said here?

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
27 Jan 2013 11:33 #44475 by Pendargon
I will first apologize to nice members of the forum for what i am about to write. But it is my impression that Kevin will understand what i am trying to convey only if i stoop to his level and put it to him his way. Sorry all.

no Kevin, it is NOT whar you said. You said :

"Oh, you're correct. I forgot that some players are just fucking idiots.

I withdraw my former statement. Get back at me in another game all you like. Enjoy losing."

Who the fuck gives you the right to call anyone a fucking idiot? What are you, self appointed messiah of VTES? I just about had it with your nasty remarks and deplorable attitude on these forums, condescending, rude and downright insulting. And don't try to strawman argument this one, or divert the topic. I am sick and tired of your tirades and keyboard-warrior type sniveling know-it-all.

If you made that remark to me live you would be sucking on a soup with a straw, and trying to wank off with your feet for a couple of weeks.

Sp grow up, grow a pair and suck on a lemon, or get some basic manners for crying out loud.

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds