question-circle How do you value archbishops and prisci?

17 Jul 2013 09:38 #51729 by Amenophobis
This is just food for thought, but I thought I'd put the question here.

If you had the choice (and for the sake of the argument we focus only on the title, not capacity/disciplines), would you rather control an archbishop or a priscus?
And if you could control 2 of each, would you lean more to ab's, or prisci? And what if the number you control is further increasing?

For me it's clear. Archbishops are more reliable, vote-wise, and give more votes the more you control. Contrast to prisci, where you will have to contend with other players' prisci eventually, and the votes of the block are fixed at 3.

What is your opinion?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2013 09:52 #51731 by Randy
When building a crypt I tend to add a single prisci to support the other votes as per vampire it is pretty nice. But then again the last tre decks i had using Prisci used Gratiano and he is alittle bit special...

Prince of Lidingö

More
17 Jul 2013 09:59 - 17 Jul 2013 09:59 #51732 by Ohlmann

For me it's clear. Archbishops are more reliable, vote-wise, and give more votes the more you control. Contrast to prisci, where you will have to contend with other players' prisci eventually, and the votes of the block are fixed at 3.

You seriously believe this ? Or you have just never thought about it ? It's hard to take this as any other thing than a joke to be honest.

If you have a single priscus, he is exactly as reliable as a cardinal : 3 votes. If your opponent have a prisci, it's the same thing as your and his prisci having 3 votes (who cancel each other). If your opponent have two prisci, it's the same as each prisci having 3 votes (6 to your opponent, 3 for you). If your opponents get 3 or more prisci, then they are unlucky or have badly constructed deck, and in any case the situation is significantly less worse than if all four vampire were archbishop.

Your crosstable ally can have priscus. They can contest justicar or archbishop title too.
Last edit: 17 Jul 2013 09:59 by Ohlmann.

More
17 Jul 2013 10:04 - 17 Jul 2013 10:08 #51733 by KevinM
Well, Una is spectacular!
;)

Having a Priscus usually gives a player three votes. Having Gratiano with a Cardinal Benediction is fantastic, as he becomes Godtiano.

Having an Archbishop gives a player 2 votes and Eternal Vigilance. Nearly no one uses Creation Rites, Private Audience, or Templar, and the other Archbishop cards are garbage.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
Last edit: 17 Jul 2013 10:08 by KevinM.

More
17 Jul 2013 10:08 #51734 by Lech

Well, Una is spectacular!
;)

Having a Priscus usually gives a player three votes. Having Gratiano with a Cardinal Benediction is fantastic, as he becomes Godtiano.

Having an Archbishop gives a player 2 votes and Eternal Vigilance. Nearly no one uses Creation Rites, Private Audience, or Templar, and the other Archbishop cards are garbage.

Papillon isn't garbage, sigh.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
17 Jul 2013 10:19 - 17 Jul 2013 10:20 #51735 by Ohlmann

Note that Eternal Vigilance work with Priscus too. Archbishop card that does not work with priscus are rare : Sabbat Inquisitor, Shock Troops, Cardinal Sin: Failure of Mission, Deploy the Hand. Sabbat inquisitor seem the most useful of the three, and don't see much play.

On the other hand, Priscus can play Chalice of Kinship. It's nothing to write home about either ; maybe some trick deck can use it, but we can safely say they can play the same cards.

So, the difference is mainly that you should remember to not put two priscus in your crypt, in the same way you dont wan't to self contest city title or the justicar library card with a printed justicar.

(and justicar contesting is something I have seen a lot, maybe even more than priscus "contest", and they are bloody affair often)
Last edit: 17 Jul 2013 10:20 by Ohlmann.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds