file Ventrue Brainstorming

18 Mar 2014 17:01 #60069 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple
Acting? What is this of which you speak?

Perhaps focusing on cards with bendy arrows would serve you better.

After all, there's no real reason to soil the Armani with too much mid-game effort.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2014 18:00 #60074 by ReverendRevolver

Acting? What is this of which you speak?

Perhaps focusing on cards with bendy arrows would serve you better.

After all, there's no real reason to soil the Armani with too much mid-game effort.

But what if I block your block, Darby?

:)

More
20 Mar 2014 04:30 #60120 by brandonsantacruz
Good ideas here, thanks. I like the idea of reactive stealth, especially actual stealth (as opposed to pseudo stealth like daring the dawn). Proactive stealth (i.e. this dude can't block or react as announced/ as a master) is ok, but requires a limited number of opponents. I think that a combination of tapping/pentexing plus stealth is good. Majesty and freak drive are also integral parts of how Ventrue decks work. I'll think about it.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
20 Mar 2014 06:41 #60121 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: Ventrue Brainstorming
Recently I'm toying with an idea of an Arika deck where every turn she Embraces and does something else.
Arika gives extra stealth to her "daughters" and protects our pool.
There's also other usual friends like Ranjan and associates.
Not your typical Ventrue deck, for sure.

I play Ventrue allot, as some of you might know.
The two best decks, imo, are Vemtrue Grinder and Law Firm with 5 and 6 caps, Tomb of Ramaeses III, Parity Shifts and other cheese.

You go over walls (or anything with constant 1 intercept) with carefully timed First Traditions and lots of actions per turn.
When you have 4 or 5 vampires, freak drives, majesties, seductions and tap masters, if you play right, you actually do fairly well without extra stealth.
I think the biggest enemy of law firms is not intercept.
It's Delaying Tactics and DI(1 and 2).

More
21 Mar 2014 13:05 #60160 by jamesatzephyr

Recently I'm toying with an idea of an Arika deck where every turn she Embraces and does something else.
Arika gives extra stealth to her "daughters" and protects our pool.
There's also other usual friends like Ranjan and associates.
Not your typical Ventrue deck, for sure.

Arika is, of course, awesome, but you might want to consider the alternatives like Queen Anne and Lucinde, maybe Marcus, as you get to play Third Tradition that way which means you can throw down Obfuscate onto the Ventrue weenies. Probably add in Catherine du Bois. You could mix and match some Embrace in there too, which is handy if you do decide to include a few Arika as well, and for multi-acting potential - oh look, Queen Anne has just popped out two progeny and untapped to bleed you. You need to be careful about your blood management, but having the option can be nice.

More
21 Mar 2014 20:38 #60178 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: Ventrue Brainstorming
Yeah, I thought about using Princes.
Besides Marcus (not a real Ventrue) only Arika can cloak others.
Arika has plus bleed, votes and the deck doesn't have the slots for masters that would allow for a second big cap.

The idea is Legacy of Pander, but with Arika and weenie Ventrue.
Try to make up for slower start with embraces, better stealth.

Haven't tested it, but the plan is to reach mid game with same amount of minions as the panders, but less desperate.
Panders are do or die.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds