file Ventrue Brainstorming

21 Mar 2014 21:27 #60180 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple

The idea is Legacy of Pander, but with Arika and weenie Ventrue.

Tiago,

If you're looking at Ventrue Directorate Assembly, I approve. Grossly underplayed, especially since it provides a LOT of potential for scaling by stacking multiple copies.

My experience with the card suggests that using Arika might be problematic (she tends to scale vertically, and VDA wants to scale horizontally.) She's awfully big to get started quickly and weaving Third Tradition into the mix gets complicated. I have another option to consider if you want to contact me about it.

D.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2014 21:44 #60181 by ReverendRevolver

Tiago,

If you're looking at Ventrue Directorate Assembly, I approve. Grossly underplayed, especially since it provides a LOT of potential for scaling by stacking multiple copies.

My experience with the card suggests that using Arika might be problematic (she tends to scale vertically, and VDA wants to scale horizontally.) She's awfully big to get started quickly and weaving Third Tradition into the mix gets complicated. I have another option to consider if you want to contact me about it.

D.

Last time i had VDA in play, my predator played New Carthage :(

Anyway, i ran Graham and Muktar with mustafa, victors(all two of em) and maybe 1 lodin. Was decent, the idea was lawfirm and then id parity shift to pay for flamethrowers, which cost enough to set up another parity shift.....worked ok. Not the best deck ever, but second trad plus flamethrower tends to detur anyone not positive they can kick your ass or generate eniugh stealth to pass 2+ yoir media locations.....

More
22 Mar 2014 09:26 #60192 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: Ventrue Brainstorming

Tiago,

D.

Last time i had VDA in play, my predator played New Carthage :(

Anyway, i ran Graham and Muktar with mustafa, victors(all two of em) and maybe 1 lodin. Was decent, the idea was lawfirm and then id parity shift to pay for flamethrowers, which cost enough to set up another parity shift.....worked ok. Not the best deck ever, but second trad plus flamethrower tends to detur anyone not positive they can kick your ass or generate eniugh stealth to pass 2+ yoir media locations.....

Being the Ventrue nut that you guys know I am, and the fact that ever since I was in last year's NAC, I've been in African countries with no VtES, I've had time to think about all of those factors.

For 2nd trad, flamethrower, parity shift, I think group 1 and 2 malkies are better.
About the scaling of Arika, I agree obviously, but I still think that Embrace is better than 3rd trad because Arika can do it and the weenies can do it.
It'll be Arika and the 2 to 5 caps.
Also, being less dependable on Parity Shifts is good these days.

Those reasons and the fact that I own the real Arika... :D

More
22 Mar 2014 12:51 #60196 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple
So THAT'S where the original went!

And I wasn't advocating just 3rd trad over embrace, I was advocating weaving then together to get scale from the VDA quickly and to leverage the 3 Praxis that give cap increase (so embrace can both embrace and trad).

But it sounds like you've got your plan in place. Look forward to another Arika TWDA soon.

More
22 Mar 2014 13:10 #60197 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: Ventrue Brainstorming
Oh, I had a weenie Ventrue deck with VDA and the caitiff that had :pre: .
Even had a Revelation of the Sire.
Igo the Hungry was Ventrue Justicar once.
Fun times.

These days everybody has :AUS: , Unmasking, Carlton or some other thing that grinds this to a halt.
And not having inherent votes to start with, only makes it even weaker in the post KoT era.

More
22 Mar 2014 13:37 - 22 Mar 2014 13:39 #60199 by ReverendRevolver

Oh, I had a weenie Ventrue deck with VDA and the caitiff that had :pre: .
Even had a Revelation of the Sire.
Igo the Hungry was Ventrue Justicar once.
Fun times.

These days everybody has :AUS: , Unmasking, Carlton or some other thing that grinds this to a halt.
And not having inherent votes to start with, only makes it even weaker in the post KoT era.

Funny revelations of the sire got mentioned......

I was just thinking about using it in daughters and trujah last night. Daughters because of things like conductor, but trujah because for some reason i thought it was like a sanguine instruction in addition to clan granter. I have no idea why i thought this either.

Oh, and darby, if you can loan me 14 Baltimore Purge, i can try adding another Arika deck to the TWD.... ;)
Last edit: 22 Mar 2014 13:39 by ReverendRevolver.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds