file Sciencing V:tES

05 Mar 2016 21:58 #75807 by 1muflon1
Replied by 1muflon1 on topic Sciencing V:tES

While I am not against someone making such analysis, I am not fond of the idea of using it as a basis of game design decisions. The data it produces is only as good as the person interpreting it.

But actually, when you read what I have written you will see that this is my point. The point why I want to do it is because other people already make such suggestion, so if it is already happening, let it at least be done in bit more rigourus way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2016 22:02 #75808 by 1muflon1
Replied by 1muflon1 on topic Sciencing V:tES

Kevin Mergen used to be involved in some online tournaments work.
LackeyCCG could have some organised to do similar.

I'd be surprised if the minimum baseline you suggested of 30 games, couldn't be gotten in 3 months from both systems.

It will also help 'randomise out' the player in respect of the cards, since there would potentially be wider combinations of experienced players and inexperienced players playing 'optimal' and 'non-optimal' decks. (i.e. The sample may get to the point where there is enough variation between players using optimal/sub-optimal/poor decks to 'average out the player' in the statistical method.)

Yes this is great idea do you have some contact for Kevin, I can ask him for the data, and I was planning to post announcement on lackey facebook page for those interested to be part of an experiment, but first I need to think hard about the design, so that time does not go in vain.

More
07 Mar 2016 04:27 #75843 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Sciencing V:tES
He is an Admin for the Nth American VTES page and VTES International Swap & Sale on Facebook.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds