• Protect Thine Own - I'll check it later
  • The Return to Innocence - I'll check it later
  • Seeds of Corruption - I'll check it later
  • Succubus Club - I'll check it later
  • Temptation of Greater Power - I'll check it later

Archbishop of Itaocara
Prince ID #510
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Jun 2018 02:24 by Sambomb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jun 2018 03:53 - 02 Jun 2018 03:56 #87836 by ReverendRevolver
I'll save you some trouble:

Kindred Restructure -same as upheaval; also, you seriously have no idea how long some people made those negotiations take. That's large part of why they were hated.
Lilith's Blessing - too broken. If it only netted a blood and made you get a skill card then maybe...
Madness of the Bard - hell no. It makes you speak in Rhyming sentences. In a game where English ISN'T many players' first language, this is a problem.
Memories of Mortality - make it not work on imbued and its fine.
Protect Thine Own - not much point. You could make it only hit 3caps and under maybe
The Return to Innocence - no. No requirement on this much increased oomph is not needed. I mean, maybe if we make it an Abomination only card :)
Seeds of Corruption - It would need to be completely different in function, due to its Ill defined nature. Essentially, it would need to become Blood of Sandman or Mind of a Child type card.
Succubus Club - no. This was a staple back in the day, but the sorts of negotiations it makes happen aren't enforceable or always in line with play to win. Too open ended.
Temptation of Greater Power - no. Again, maybe targeting only 3 or less cap, but this and PTO being off the table haven't made Justicars and IC terrible, they're still Cam and have tons.

As for your errata, Anthelios and dragonbound were my first favorite events, but I'm glad to see Anthelios gone. Mmpa decks are too strong, and will never not be, because master cards will always be strong.
Anthelios being unbanned would need to read:
Gahenna. Put this card in play. This card has no effect while in play.
So, it could kickstart some cards requirement (you know, so your prey can play Becoming of Ennoia...).
Edge explosion was actually shot down in play test. It doesn't need to exist. Imbued are still hellaciously broken without it, and it doesn't enable new strategies, just makes them better at the old non-interactive table poison.
Last edit: 02 Jun 2018 03:56 by ReverendRevolver.

More
02 Jun 2018 11:35 #87845 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Banned cards errata

New Text: Choose another Methuselah. Successful referendum means your minions can act as if you have switched places with that Methuselah until the end of the round and untaps this acting minion.

Technical problem: what is "the round"? People usually mean something like "once round the table until it gets back to me again", but games of V:TES do not have to follow that pattern because Reversal of Fortunes exists, including out-of-turn Reversal of Fortunes - which this card helpfully enables. To accomplish what I think you want, I'd reword it as follows:
Choose another Methuselah. On a successful referendum, put this card in play. Your minions can take actions in the chosen Methuselah's minion phase (follow normal sequencing rules). Burn this card during your untap phase.

Possibly with or without untapping the acting minion.

However, I would have concerns about this. Imagine a Ventrue deck with a bunch of bleed, vote, and Freak Drive. They can essentially have a whole extra minion phase fairly easily. Put two of these in play and Arika and Queen Anne can potentially bleed three times each and vote three times each - and you could be calling this with your weenies (either crypt or bred). Of course, card flow may not quite allow that to happen every time - you may jam on a few extra masters or Majesties etc., even if you deliberately thin down a little - but that it or things close to it is quite a pain.

See also: stacking it with My Kin Against the World. Do it with a Tsunda breed deck and Week of Nightmares for added hilarity(*).

Yes, Madness Network exists. Important differences include that it has a burn clause, and requires a master phase action, and is unique. (It in theory also benefits others, but that is too random to be that a significant factor in V:TES today, though it was more interesting in 1994 when the likelihood of seeing Malkavians on your table was significantly higher.)

(*) Not hilarity.

More
03 Jun 2018 10:01 #87867 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Banned cards errata
Memories of Mortality -make it Unique. And perhaps increase the cost to 2 (or even 3)?

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
03 Jun 2018 18:18 #87876 by DanielScooby
Replied by DanielScooby on topic Banned cards errata
PTO could work amost the same way as Vele´s Hunt.

Sucubus club could work only with cards on vampires. Like trade blood and equipament.

Daniel Abreu
:camarilla::bruj:
:CEL::POT::pre::for::dom::cap8:

VEKN ID - #6010149

"Ab auditione mala non timebit"

More
03 Jun 2018 20:45 - 04 Jun 2018 04:10 #87878 by ScoundrelAtHeart

Anthelios being unbanned would need to read:
Gahenna. Put this card in play. This card has no effect while in play.
So, it could kickstart some cards requirement (you know, so your prey can play Becoming of Ennoia...)

I'd agree here. In the RPG anthelios did nothing except blink in a shining red and beeing one of the signs of gehenna. It could be a nice card to have so you meet the requirements for other gehenna cards

:salu: Prince of Magdeburg
VEKN-ID: 5850005
Prince-ID: 615
Last edit: 04 Jun 2018 04:10 by ScoundrelAtHeart.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds