file [Fairyworld] Examining combat cards and strategies and how they should work

25 Jul 2018 22:15 #89347 by Lech
At least crypt should be reported, along with seating.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2018 03:07 #89352 by ReverendRevolver

At least crypt should be reported, along with seating.

Seating is easy.

Crypt being recorded wouldn't be hard, and I like it.

More
26 Jul 2018 07:53 - 26 Jul 2018 09:55 #89354 by Lönkka

Then again, any deck that doesn't focus on combat won't be playing an offensive combat module. So the stats are just saying "there are more deck that don't focus on combat than deck that focus on combat", not that Majesty is broken/unbalanced/whatever.

Well, occasionally you do have an few offensive cards spicing up otherwise non-(combat) offensive deck.

You know, add some cards dealing aggravated to keep the opponents guessing and afraid...

I think you have major rose-colored glasses when it comes to the VEKN-produced material. My sense is these cards range from wholly inconsequential to neat cards that could potentially be swapped in and out of an established strategy.

Sounds like an overstatement of the year!

I totally agree with Kraus on Shadow Boxing (and I've seen it work just beautifully) and the quality of VEKN sets in general. Most vast majority very well designed and tested cards that tend to be strong but not overpowered, and usually addressing some kind of problematic spot in the game.

EDIT: Happy now, Kraus?

Modedit\\ Moderation approves.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 26 Jul 2018 09:55 by Kraus.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
27 Jul 2018 13:07 #89399 by TwoRazorReign

I think you have major rose-colored glasses when it comes to the VEKN-produced material. My sense is these cards range from wholly inconsequential to neat cards that could potentially be swapped in and out of an established strategy.

Sounds like an overstatement of the year!

I totally agree with Kraus on Shadow Boxing (and I've seen it work just beautifully) and the quality of VEKN sets in general. Most vast majority very well designed and tested cards that tend to be strong but not overpowered, and usually addressing some kind of problematic spot in the game.

Is it really the overstatement of the year? Shadow Boxing has shown up in 4 tournament winning decks since it was released 4 years ago, with ≤ 2 copies per each of those decks. It's a neat, reasonable card that has been around for a long time now, so let's not talk about it like it's some new, potentially fantastic card for Nos decks that people haven't discovered yet, which is where Kraus was going with that previous post.

The VEKN sets are fine design-wise. But power wise, they are mostly filler cards that fit a niche but can easily be swapped for other cards.

More
29 Jul 2018 22:39 #89445 by Lönkka
Ah, OK.

So you wanted (all) the new stuff to be on par with the top cards of the game?
Pentex, Govern, Deflection, Majesty etc etc

I ain't seeing the possibility much of that happening. so naturally they are more niche cards especially as most were apparently designed to help to rectify problems in the game.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
30 Jul 2018 01:05 #89447 by TwoRazorReign

Ah, OK.

So you wanted (all) the new stuff to be on par with the top cards of the game?
Pentex, Govern, Deflection, Majesty etc etc

I'm not sure where you inferred that from, but no, I do not want that.

I ain't seeing the possibility much of that happening. so naturally they are more niche cards especially as most were apparently designed to help to rectify problems in the game.

Perhaps my previous post was not clear. That the VEKN PDF sets are niche cards is perfectly fine. My specific issue was with Kraus suggesting that Shadow Boxing was not a niche card, but rather a key card to Nos decks that hasn't been discovered yet. The card has been around for four years and has had minimal impact. So it's a niche card and nothing more. Which is fine.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds