file Combat as a strategy

22 Aug 2019 19:12 #96480 by TwoRazorReign
Replied by TwoRazorReign on topic Combat as a strategy
Isn't it all the same thing? It's not having "your game ruined," It's called "losing." In VTES, you can lose in various ways to various archetypes. I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever understand why that is so hard to accept...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bloodartist

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 19:52 #96481 by kschaefer
Replied by kschaefer on topic Combat as a strategy

Isn't it all the same thing? It's not having "your game ruined," It's called "losing." In VTES, you can lose in various ways to various archetypes. I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever understand why that is so hard to accept...

Because bleed or vote actually has the tools to finish you off and combat does not. You can still be losing to bleed or vote and get to play the game. You don't get to play the game with empty vampires in torpor.

More
22 Aug 2019 21:32 - 22 Aug 2019 21:35 #96487 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Combat as a strategy

You can still be losing to bleed or vote and get to play the game. You don't get to play the game with empty vampires in torpor.

I strongly disagree !

Few weeks ago in our friendly games I had a predator playing Legacy of Pander and he played à kaymakli nightmare when I had influenced 8+ on my star vampire. I can tell you I didn't have a game...

And on another game, an AAA player got Anson burnt on his first turn out. He decided not to influence more vampire for several turns and wait for something to happen.

He burnt a Pentex with Jake Washington and was not ousted. I think he had more a game than if he had been ousted by a heavy bleeder or an agressive voter in 4 turns.

Actually I think you have a better chance at having a game with your vamps being empty in torpor than being at 5 pools before your first vampire is out.

And you know what : when you are afraid to die to a strong bleeder, you pack bounce. If you are afraid of being emptied by Enkidu you pack prevent.
Last edit: 22 Aug 2019 21:35 by Timo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Kraus, Kilrauko

More
22 Aug 2019 21:52 #96488 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Combat as a strategy
Just today at weeklies I sat in front of a Computer Hacking weenie bleeder. I was at 6 pool before I got my first vampire influenced out, took a Misdirection to the face and was done. :)

Things other than combat make so that players just don't play. It happens. Combat happens as well, granted, but it's usually more interesting to me to be pounced by combat than mindless *toot*. At least combat usually has two (sometimes three) directions it has to, or can, go. When played well it is interesting to see, and they deserve a GW. When played poorly hyper aggression usually won't give you much after your first VP.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, PetriWessman, Kilrauko

More
22 Aug 2019 23:01 #96489 by TwoRazorReign
Replied by TwoRazorReign on topic Combat as a strategy

You don't get to play the game with empty vampires in torpor.

With all due respect, this is false. You still get an influence phase, where you’ll either make a comeback or die trying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PetriWessman

More
23 Aug 2019 06:44 - 23 Aug 2019 06:46 #96491 by Tadori
Replied by Tadori on topic Combat as a strategy

You can still be losing to bleed or vote and get to play the game. You don't get to play the game with empty vampires in torpor.

I disagree. Last night we had a game where nephandus player lost Antonio to combat deck at turn 3 of the game. He was able to stay alive to a point where he was last one standing(with grinder deck on his back hole game) with this combat deck to the end. He got enough pool to burn Antonio get a new one and actually would get a draw in table (ousting the combat) but time run out so he get only 0.5 VP
Last edit: 23 Aug 2019 06:46 by Tadori.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds