file Combat as a strategy

23 Aug 2019 12:56 - 23 Aug 2019 12:58 #96513 by TwoRazorReign
Replied by TwoRazorReign on topic Combat as a strategy

All due respect, being "forced to sit in the game" is false. There's an influence phase. You can die just as quickly if you so choose.

Friend, I don't want to be personal but it's very hard with you.
Read the rules, please. "die just as quickly" is a violation.

Please remember we are two strangers on the internet discussing a fictional game about vampires. I do not feel the same compulsion as you to get personal (which would be the dumbest subject to get personal about ever, I think you'd agree). So let's just not, okay?

Influencing out another vampire under the guise of trying to maximize VPs but also with the "unintended" effect of quickening your ouster is not violating any tournament rules that I am aware of. Care to elaborate? Please understand I am not an expert at VTES, so please approach any response with that in mind.
Last edit: 23 Aug 2019 12:58 by TwoRazorReign.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2019 06:14 #96521 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Combat as a strategy
That's the essence of the problem - playing to win is not fun in the present combat environment. ;)

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
25 Aug 2019 09:26 - 25 Aug 2019 09:27 #96523 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Combat as a strategy

That's the essence of the problem - playing to win is not fun in the present combat environment. ;)

And this here is - as has been proven by the many comments in this thread - an opinion. :)

There are many like it, and that one is yours. Everyone has their own. It seems it cannot be 'proven' one way or the other.

But it seems like it is healthy to have this conversation once in a while. We are, after all (and once more) playing an evolving game.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 25 Aug 2019 09:27 by Kraus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Timo

More
25 Aug 2019 10:58 #96525 by TwoRazorReign
Replied by TwoRazorReign on topic Combat as a strategy

Trying to transfer out another vampire with full knowledge that you already lost and are really just speeding up your demise because you don't want to sit around for 2 hours just to lose happens in casual games all the time. Play to win does not prevent or emphasize this part of the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
26 Aug 2019 08:12 #96536 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Combat as a strategy

Please do not give your feelings and opinions as absolut truth.

I for example have fun playing this game in any meta so far.

And to illustrate what I said, few years ago we had a National Championship and due to familial issues I had to drop the 1st round.
Due to the same familial issues I had to drop the 2nd round (yeah my wife is a bitch).

I managed to attend the 3rd round of this major tournament.

I sat there and my predator let me influence 2 big cap before rushing me and torporize both of them.

So I attended a major tournament. I played about 10 min in that tournament because combat happenned. And you know what ? I had fun.

More
31 Aug 2019 12:04 - 31 Aug 2019 12:07 #96665 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Combat as a strategy
And from European champion:

How were your preliminary rounds Day 2?
- There was at least one other heavy combat deck in each table...

I also managed to shut down my initial preys really fast with forward rushing and torporizing their first vampires (apart from round 2, when Janne’s Stanislava was Archoned before I even had a turn to act) ....

In all of the rounds I got to the heads up with the other heavy combat deck."

;)

Update: two Tupdog decks in top 6 #facepalm.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
Last edit: 31 Aug 2019 12:07 by elotar.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds