file Looking to start playing again in South Florida

02 Jan 2012 19:27 - 02 Jan 2012 19:30 #19751 by Adonai

How much does a box of black hand starters cost?

See here:
www.thelasombra.com/NewPlayerChallenge.htm

What do you guys think of the Lords of the night starters?

For a player with none of the vampires of those clans, they work well. There have been better preconstructed decks , but not for those clans.

I noticed the new rose tatu site has good prices on boxes in general.

Rose Tatu has amazing prices, they should be your first choice for V:TES product in the USA.

I also had the idea that i could put up flyer's or some kind of notification about starting a new regular game at the local gaming/comic stores. Are there any ideas or previously used downloadable templates?

There are customizable flyers here:
www.vekn.net/images/stories/downloads/vtesfliergeneric.jpg

There is more advice about demoing to new/returning players here:
www.thelasombra.com/demoing.htm

Last but not least i found the player registry and there are 5-6 locals registered. Is there any way to contact them? i dont need direct email addy access but maybe the site runner could send a message for me?

Only if they are members of the forum. (i.e. the database of players was inherited from White Wolf, and is unreliable in the extreme.)

Again thank you for your help and i can tell you will all be very helpful. I am determined to try and get something going down here. If not I might take your advice and go to DragonCon.

We'd love to see you at DragonCon , for sure! The USA national championship will be held there this year, as well as a number of other tournaments.
Last edit: 02 Jan 2012 19:30 by Adonai.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2012 05:13 #24175 by newtroski
Hi there! I am in Coral Springs, and in the process of getting a group going. I have a few people at my work interested. I expect to start teaching people to play next weekend, if it's not too far for you maybe we can meet up.

More
27 Feb 2012 13:33 #24192 by muushupork
I would have no problem driving to coral springs! Let me know
What your plans are id be happy to help you get started!

More
27 Feb 2012 23:00 #24241 by david.tatu
Good luck getting started. You might want to try a league setting to get people started. We have had two new players join our group and the league setting is a great way to introduce them to the game without having to buy a bunch of cards. Just give everyone a starter and some boosters then they win more cards to add to the deck.
here is how ours is done:
www.thelasombra.com/battle-for-atlanta-2012.htm
But you can make it simpler.

David Tatu
V:EKN Scribe

More
28 Feb 2012 05:08 #24250 by newtroski
I just ordered a bunch of stuff from you, so we will have plenty of pre-con decks :)

My current plan is to have everyone use my collection of cards. There's a few people at my work that are interested, so I'm going to try to get them up to speed first, then go to the local game store and see if we can get some kind of weekly or semi-weekly group going.

More
28 Feb 2012 14:41 #24289 by muushupork
I actually just recently went to a board game meetup at a place called GXE gaming on copans west of 95. Its a large open space with lots of tables and separate rooms for private groups as well. Ive seen mostly magic there, but i also met a few people who still play the vampire RPG that im pretty sure would give VTES a shot. I dopnt think GXE charges to use their facility they just dont allow outside food or drinks as they have their own cafe with reasonable prices.

I have a starter boix of Black Hand that ive mashed into 4 solid decks and am working on a box of LotN which will give me another 4. I have tons of Jyhad cards I'd be willing to share and a lot of playgroup support extras that i bought from David Tatu as well.

I'm really excited to have my old post get a response from someone roughly 20 mins away from me so don't hesitate to ask if there is anything I can do to help.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds