file Midwest/ Great plains players! Starting to lose hope.

11 Nov 2013 17:12 #56519 by JordanGaddy
Is there really no one who plays in my area? Or does anyone know of any other forums with active players?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2013 17:19 - 11 Nov 2013 17:24 #56520 by yesferatu
Wisconsin is still active. We played yesterday.

Our tournament scene has slowed down, but we could be persuaded host something in the near future if there were enough interest from Minnesota or Illinois.
Had Danse Macabre been a printed set, we would have defiantly had a release event.

I actually had a friend in from Kansas City, MO who was thinking the same thing.
If you two could find a couple more, you'd be golden.
Last edit: 11 Nov 2013 17:24 by yesferatu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JordanGaddy

More
11 Nov 2013 17:32 #56521 by JordanGaddy
Well i live in Kansas. And so far, the game seems to be nearly dead in the wichita ks area. Most of the local shops claim to never have even heard of the game, let alone have anything in stock. I have more than a few friends who are interested but with no real easy access to the cards makes it even more difficult. Im more than interested in starting up a regular play group and conducting sanctioned tournaments.

More
11 Nov 2013 18:36 #56528 by ReverendRevolver
Its no help now, but you are all more than welcome at the week of nightmares events before the NAC. I know its hard to pull that much time to play, but its alot of fun and alot of vtes. Unfortunately, its also alot of drive, but my playgroup was enormous and still used to travel 10+hours to tournaments.

More
11 Nov 2013 19:00 #56534 by AaronC
I guess that there is no hope of finding active players in Kansas, much less Wichita. I played VTES back in the mid-90s in Springfield, MO, but my impression is that both Kansas and Missouri are VTES wastelands now. There are some gamers in suburban KC, but I've never heard of VTESers.

There is an active VTES scene in Colorado, but Denver seems to be about an 8-hour drive for you.

More
11 Nov 2013 19:39 - 11 Nov 2013 19:43 #56536 by yesferatu
Honestly, most gaming shops have never heard of it.
I've always had to buy my cards online.

The game in Wisconsin has always spread by demoing for other CCGers or White Wolf players. If there are gamers in your area, there can be VTES players in your area.
It's still a solid game and it's never depended on sales from gaming stores.

Make a number of cheap demo decks that you can literally give away to potential new players. Keep posting on VTES forums or run demos at your local game shop.
You'll have to hang out there, you'll have to talk to people.

The best way to build a player base is to talk to individuals and show them how to play. It's a solid game and you can still get thousands of cards online.
Last edit: 11 Nov 2013 19:43 by yesferatu.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds